Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.
    DMG

Second Post (DMG) Flowers

Thank you for taking the time out to view this thread. All comments and suggestions welcome!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Second Post (DMG) Flowers-butterfly-flower.jpg   Second Post (DMG) Flowers-flower-close-up.jpg  

Re: Second Post (DMG) Flowers

#1 has an interesting symmetry, but the lighting feels a little bit too harsh for a flower shot, the bright spot on the central leaf if also a tad distracting.
    #2 has too shallower depth of field, the is more of the flower out of focus than in focus and doesn't seem to have a point of interest, also it feels way too tight in the frame.
    DMG take these comments with a grain of salt because I'm no expert on flower photography just offering my 2 cents worth....

BTW DMG = ?
    Pete

Isn't it a cool thing in nature that the colours never seem to clash...

I have no issues with you editing my photos

DMG

DMG are my initials. Dalila M Guzman

Now these two were taken while I was out for a walk one night. I just had the pop up flash from the camera for light and so that's why it's so direct and harsh. I just came across them and tried to see what I could get. These were my first ever flower shots. So there's no question, plenty to fix and improve on. It's nice to see what others think and look for because, my mentality was, "it's different from what I've done, and they look cool".

So again, thank you for your reply. And I look forward to posting more.

Beautiful shots IMO

On these, I would suggest that you ask yourself what you liked about them and how you could best bring that element to the attention of the viewer. I'm not quite connecting with them, but I know you thought you saw something, otherwise you wouldn't have taken the photos.

Hope that makes sense.

DMG

Makes perfect sense. I'll take that into consideration when taking photos in the future. Especially ones I want to share with others.

Thank you for posting!

#1 same comments as Pete

#2 I like it better, I do like the shallow Dof, and agree that it is to tight in the frame

It ishard to get attractive images of flowers, one advantage is that they are very patient and do not mind you taking many shots

Thread Information