Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.
    shake it like a polaroid picture berrywise's Avatar

The Reichstag - Berlin, Germany

This is definately one of the more fascinating architerual structures I have ever been in. The building itself is actually the seat of the German Parliament. After World War II the dome that was originally part of the building was removed and in the 1990's the new glass dome was added. So imagine an old stately looking building with a very modern looking dome on top. The black circular shapes on the right side of the photo is actually a walk way that allows you to walk to the very top.

I was hoping to try and capture a different perspective that would make you wonder what it might be if you had never been there.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Re: The Reichstag - Berlin, Germany

This image takes a long time to load up, can you make the file size smaller. There is a limit on uploaded files generally to 195k max, as yours is hosted off the site, you are placing a larger sized file for people to load up, which they might not like and you might not get many replies as such.

Excuse me while I burn in the sky Clicker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by berrywise

This is definately one of the more fascinating architerual structures I have ever been in. The building itself is actually the seat of the German Parliament. After World War II the dome that was originally part of the building was removed and in the 1990's the new glass dome was added. So imagine an old stately looking building with a very modern looking dome on top. The black circular shapes on the right side of the photo is actually a walk way that allows you to walk to the very top.

I was hoping to try and capture a different perspective that would make you wonder what it might be if you had never been there.

WOW! Berrywise, Great shot! so much for the eye to take in, but a very magnificent structure. I only saw the first image, there is a box underneath it saying "attached image" but there is nothing there.

Wonderful Composition, the placement of the walkway gives some much needed relief in comparison all the panes of glass in the left portion of your photo.
    Love to see Photos like this!
    Great Job!
    Rachel

What happens when you hit a Thousand? Should I watch for Balloons?

Thanks for the heads up.

Quote Originally Posted by Flashram_Peter_AUS
    This image takes a long time to load up, can you make the file size smaller. There is a limit on uploaded files generally to 195k max, as yours is hosted off the site, you are placing a larger sized file for people to load up, which they might not like and you might not get many replies as such.

Peter,

It should be working much better now. I had to temporarily host my website on my own computer while I was switching my hosting provider. The image should be less than 100k and hopefully now it will be loading up quick as whip.

Quote Originally Posted by Clicker
    WOW! Berrywise, Great shot! so much for the eye to take in, but a very magnificent structure. I only saw the first image, there is a box underneath it saying "attached image" but there is nothing there.

Wonderful Composition, the placement of the walkway gives some much needed relief in comparison all the panes of glass in the left portion of your photo.
    Love to see Photos like this!
    Great Job!
    Thanks for taking the time to comment Rachel. There was only one image so don't worry about the second. I use a blank little 1k in size image to stick in the "attached image" area so that I get the little photograph image next to my post header but then I like to insert my images directly into the post using html. If that makes any sense. I guess I'm goofy like that.

Excuse me while I burn in the sky Clicker's Avatar

I like to insert my images directly into the post using html. If that makes any sense. I guess I'm goofy like that.
    I actually like it better that way, because you see the image first, so you are able to view without any info, then read the text. maybe instead of inserting a blank in the attached images box, you can put one that says " there's nothing to see here!"

lol.
    Rachel

What happens when you hit a Thousand? Should I watch for Balloons?

Ah, there it is.

The image wouldn't load for me when I first saw your post. Glad you got the hosting worked out because I like this shot a lot. The geometry and patterns, nicely composed. And I think the limited colors look great, since there is a lot going on you don't need or want a lot of colors. I would not know what I was looking at if not for your explanation, so you accomplished your goal.

Spike

Thread Information