Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Partial Saturation - Daniel

this is dan my son... feel free to add comments if you think it can be improved

by keeping the color on the shirt, my eyes go there and not to the boys face. is this what you want?

i would suggest keeping the background desaturated and having the whole boy colored, or maybe just the face of the boy colored.

Tin cup

I love colorization of black and white. this is nice but it is a bit bright (the shirt) I think it would not take so much of the attention if you made it kind of faded looking.
    Kit
    btw.. your kids' adorable, you could color those curly locks.

Great shot.Your son's face is somewhat in his own shade which hides his facial features.I also agree that the shirt is somewhat too bright.The shallow DOF however allows the boy to stand out of the surroundings which makes it a very interresting and good shot to me.
    Piet.

nice shot! would like to see the shirt a little less bright, but like the colorization overall. would have been really nice to have him turn his head and give you a look so we could see his eyes. with his little tongue sticking out, you can tell he is really concentrating on something!

how did you do the colorization?
    Wes

Who are they, where are they, how can they possibly know all the rules?

Opinionated Newbie
    This type of image is so much fun to do, and see. My main concern regarding the "colorization" of the shirt is that in I think this effect works better on single, small, objects. Or minute details. JMHO.

In regards to the B&W (or de-saturated) areas, I want more contrast. It's too gray.

This boy is so cute. His hair is what does it too! From the first photo on the bench, to this one, I have simply smiled when I've seen him.

Thread Information