Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Thread: Reflection

Reflection

This is a picture i took from the outside of the Sage music centre in Newcastle.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Reflection-img_0306.jpg  
    Nikon D40x

MB1

Re: Reflection

This is interesting, there is a lot to look at here.

Since you seem to have the exposure down I'm thinking any critique would have to be on the composition and I pretty much like it. I expect some folks will have issues with the beam/railing running across the bottom but for me (since you didn't run it exactly into the corner) it helps with my visulation of the image.

Not a great image but a good one. BTW is that a reflection of a bridge in there?
    No, I DON'T need that.

GB1

Callum - It's different alright. From a classical / fine art perspective there would be plenty to criticize, but from an artsy perspective it really works for me. I like the bright reflection in the glass and the different shapes. I also like the horizontal bars across the top; alas, I don't care for the bottom bar there Too much of a good thing maybe. The reason I think I don't like the bottom bar is that the ones at the top seem to block your view and and steer you towards the path at the bottom, but, the bottom bar blocks that too. A good photographer would have used a blow torch and burned that bottom bar out of the way - outta there!

Gb
    Photography Software and Post Processing Forum Moderator. Visit here!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Feel free to edit and repost my photos as part of your critique.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Site

An interesting image for sure with many redeeming qualities. But for me it lacks that central point of interest to focus on. I keep searching for something to home in on and don't seem to find it.
    Don't forget about the Gallery. Are your photos there??

Nikon Samurai #13

"A photographer is known by what he shows not by what he throws. The best photographers have the biggest trash cans." Quote from Nikon School sometime in the early 1970's.

Quote Originally Posted by MB1
    BTW is that a reflection of a bridge in there?

Yeah it is, its the tyne bridge. That was my main subject of the photo i supose.
    Nikon D40x

Thread Information