Reading

Printable View

• 06-03-2011, 01:37 PM
    Greg McCary
    Reading
    Shot for the June Project "Street Photography" Drop in and post something...
    When my wife first saw the shot she said clone the girl, I was thinking the bird, but somehow it has a fairy tale look to me????
    Any way let me know what you think.
    M3, Summicron 50mm

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k3...final_edit.jpg
  • 06-03-2011, 03:32 PM
    armando_m
    Re: Reading
    I wouldn't clone a thing
    I like it as is

perhaphs leaning a bit to the left ...ok just kidding :)
  • 06-04-2011, 06:51 AM
    Greg McCary
    Thanks Armando.
  • 06-04-2011, 07:03 AM
    Liz
    Nice work Greg.......I love b&w photography. How did you do this? I saw it in the project forum and happy to have found it here! :thumbsup:

Liz
  • 06-04-2011, 07:47 AM
    Greg McCary
    Thanks Liz, I really did very little here. This is Kodak Ektar converted to B&W in Lightroom. I cloned a couple of small items, cropped and straightened. The bird just happened into the shot as I was taking it. I did see it coming though.
    I hope you don't mind the plug Gary.LOL
  • 06-04-2011, 07:04 PM
    arne saknussen
    Very nice shot. I keep seeing things as I come back to it that add to the shot. For instance, I am just now noticing what could be at least a few people on the other side of the pond "watching her".
    I do wish the bird was a bit more in focus, but I would def not clone it. It adds to the show/story.
  • 06-08-2011, 02:09 AM
    LeeIs
    love it. The bird adds the story.
  • 06-08-2011, 03:46 AM
    gahspidy
    Fine shot, Greg. Only thing I'm noticing is it appears the trees in the distance are sharper than the foreground and subject, but its not a seious issue.
  • 06-08-2011, 01:36 PM
    Greg McCary
    Arne, Liban gary, thanks. I think i shoot at f/22.LOL I usally never get that deep.
  • 06-10-2011, 02:48 PM
    GB1
    I like it, but would like to see a big crop in / zoom. To me the only important part is the stumps, gal water and bird. Not sure what type of feeling that would create, though. Guess it just needs to be tried to see.

G
  • 06-11-2011, 04:20 AM
    Greg McCary
    Thanks GB that's an interesting idea. I may give it a go.
  • 06-11-2011, 07:00 AM
    draymorton
    Love it. The bird is perfect and adds so much to this image.

The only thing that bothers me is that it looks oversharpened. The haloing in the trees was the main giveaway for me. I'd be curious to see it with less USM (or whatever you used).