Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Copper Mountain scene

Hi,
    here is my first contribution to the Forum.
    I just started eith photography and it is really a nice hobby.
    Hopefully I can receive some helpful feedback here.
    thanks
    tomas
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Copper Mountain scene-aac.sized.jpg  

This is a very nice image. The only problem I see is that you can't see any color in the trees. This is a hard shot to get everything exposed though. Sometimes you can overexpose a stop or +1 1/2 and then fix the whites in your computer. Or you could try to bring some color out with the exposure you have with you photo editor. Still a great image!
    Lou

"There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs." -Ansel Adams

This is a touch overexposed. Getting much color in the trees on a midday shot is virtually impossible, but that doesn't bother me at all, though. But, can you imagine if those clouds stayed around for sunset? Whoa!

The only other thing is that I would crop it just a bit off the left as the light area in the middle of the trees on the edge is a little distracting. Otherwise, I think the comp is fine.

A loooong way from 1000! Cowgirl's Avatar
    Its a nice shot. Composition is good. Snow scenes can be tough at times.

The clouds add much to the scene, making it more interesting. If possible, I would have taken the shot at sunset or sunrise. I'd like to see some details in the clouds.

Thanks for posting! I really enjoy mountain scenes.

Kathy

Thread Information