Rainbow

Printable View

• 02-02-2004, 07:13 PM
    Jezz
    1 Attachment(s)
    Rainbow
    This was just by luck but it looks really good in my opinion?
    Waht do you think about it?
  • 02-02-2004, 08:12 PM
    John_C
    I'm a beginner, so my free opinions are worth what you paid for them. I never have had much luck with rainbow shots myself. I like the contrast between the lit tree in the lower right and other shaded areas showing the sun shining through the clouds. I also like the partial framing of the foliage. Too bad about the lines running through the picture. You did good to not center the horizon (although it's not level) but the rainbow is too centered for me and the picture doesn't seem very sharp(could be my monitor). Did you take any more shots of this? Maybe one showing more of the rainbow?
  • 02-03-2004, 05:12 AM
    Jezz
    1 Attachment(s)
    Yeah the comp is good except for the powerlines, i agree, i was in a hurry, had to go to work. The horizon is not level because it is a mountain, but i do agree it is a little distracting. I'll play with it and see if i can get rid of all those blemishes.
  • 02-03-2004, 07:58 AM
    MelissaD
    I really like the repost. I agree that the power lines were distracting, but without them it's a beautiful shot! I especially like the lighting on the trees :) Nice job!
    Mel
  • 02-03-2004, 08:23 PM
    Jezz
    thanks i also cropped it down which helped to uncentre the rainbow and to lessen the affect of the angled horizon. That tree is the reason i liked this photo to begin with, without it it would all be to drab for the rainbow affect i think?