Proud

Printable View

• 04-02-2006, 10:13 AM
    xsport652
    Proud
  • 04-02-2006, 11:11 AM
    eoky
    Re: Proud
    I personally like it. Looks nicely exposed. I like the simplicity, but at the same time, would like to see a little something more, but the simpleness works for me, I often shoot very simple subjects too.
  • 04-02-2006, 01:13 PM
    Kaelastreet
    Whats the white dot, left of centre, near the top?
    Odd really, now I have seen it, its bigger than the Stars n Stripes ;)

And another, way over to the right , gee.....

Sorry.

Kizz
  • 04-02-2006, 07:08 PM
    GB1
    Pretty bright! The blue is so clear, not a cloud in the sky. The reds are also very prominant. I wish the stars were whiter, but otherwise, a nice little shot. I might put it into PS and play with the tone etc a bit and see if you can make it slightly more graduated.

-GB
  • 04-02-2006, 10:50 PM
    Kaelastreet
    hi

Quote:

Originally Posted by GB1
    ...I wish the stars were whiter, ...-GB

Don't forget GB, the stars are more than likely embroidered, therefore solid and therefore restricting the light from passing through the back lit flag.

The seams between the red and white stripes are sewn and restrict the light also.

A bounce sheet or foil would have reflected light onto the stars from the camera side if it had been used, and that would have bought out the stars on the flag.

Sorry, but for me, many times it is the work gone into taking the picture that is as important as the picture content. So for me, it is correct to see the stars as they are shown.

Just my 5 cents worth...

Kizz
  • 04-03-2006, 03:36 AM
    payn817
    I'll second that. The black stars isn't working for me. I looked at this before anyone posted yesterday, and also noticed the specs. They draw alot of attention IMO because I am wondering what they are. The reflector idea is good. You can buy one of those you put in a car window for like $5 at autozone, or whatever.
  • 04-03-2006, 10:56 AM
    Overbeyond
    Very sorry to be so negative on this one xsport652
    Photographically this picture does little for me. I don't understand the point or the title.
    Technically I cannot find much wrong though. That's just me; grumpy old Irish Man
    Tom
  • 04-03-2006, 11:14 AM
    SmartWombat
    It's open to so many titles ...
    "proud" if you're an American I'd guess
    "the neighbours" if you're Canadian
    "fetch the matches" for some parts of the world

However proud you may be of your flag, someone, somewhere, has a different point of view.
  • 04-03-2006, 02:31 PM
    xsport652
    Thanks guys I'll accept any criticizm you give me. I am really hoping those 2 specs were only my lens being dirty and not my sensor.
  • 04-03-2006, 02:32 PM
    xsport652
    O yea and the flag is about 50 feet in the air hanging off of a deck. It would be kind of a hard to do the reflector thing you guys said. Thanks though.
  • 04-04-2006, 12:48 AM
    jar_e
    Those specs should be an easy clone-out with your blue sky. Interesting shot, the title is somewhat of a concern, but I think that controversy may help the shot. A tad cliche, but the angle of the flag is good and a good shot.

Well done.
  • 04-04-2006, 09:18 AM
    Kaelastreet
    See, if you had put a frame of reference in the image, I wouldn't have gone and thought it was contrived.... Sorry...