Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.
    MB1

New Air Force Memorial (Arlington VA) #1

I'm not likely to get these foggy conditions again anytime soon (if nothing else the leaves are dropping) but still......and yes, the lights of DC and the airport turned the early morning sky this red.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New Air Force Memorial (Arlington VA) #1-air-force-2-052-5x7.jpg  

GB1

Re: New Air Force Memorial (Arlington VA) #1

MB1 - I'm drawn to this one more than the daytime shots. But I've always liked night photos.

It colors are facinating but the AF sign is slightly washed out. I like the background, it's haunting almost. Somehow though, I wish that the memorial structure was sharper, even though I realize that the fog will affect sharpness. I'm a little torn on the composition. For an expt try cropping off the top 1/3 of the image: this would cut off the tip f the middle pilar, but maybe that is compensated by the closer matching of the image aspect ratio and AF sign(?)

GB
    Photography Software and Post Processing Forum Moderator. Visit here!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Feel free to edit and repost my photos as part of your critique.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Site

MB1

Re: New Air Force Memorial (Arlington VA) #1

Quote Originally Posted by GB1
    MB1 - I'm drawn to this one more than the daytime shots. But I've always liked night photos.

It colors are facinating but the AF sign is slightly washed out. I like the background, it's haunting almost. Somehow though, I wish that the memorial structure was sharper, even though I realize that the fog will affect sharpness. I'm a little torn on the composition. For an expt try cropping off the top 1/3 of the image: this would cut off the tip f the middle pilar, but maybe that is compensated by the closer matching of the image aspect ratio and AF sign(?)

GB
    I'm thinking that a graduated neutral density filter might darken the sign and give a bit more to the sky.....I'll go back there again-easy to get to during my morning commute. I like the way the fog created shadows.

Thread Information