Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Graceful Services

Re: Graceful Services

Tuna,

I really like this, photo so much to see, and wonder about, e.g. what are the services!!

My only nit pic with this is top centre there is a support for something just next to where the white bricks stop. It caught my eye straight away.

I love the detail, e.g the padlock on the shutters, the reflections in the door and being able to see things on the other side.

Lovely

Roger
    "I hope we will never see the day when photo shops sell little schema grills to clamp onto our viewfinders; and the Golden Rule will never be found etched on our ground glass." from The mind's eye by Henri Cartier-Bresson

My Web Site: www.readingr.com

DSLR
    Canon 5D; EF100-400 F4.5-5.6L IS USM; EF24-70 F2.8L USM 50mm F1.8 II; EF 100 F2.8 Macro
    Digital
    Canon Powershot Pro 1; Canon Ixus 100

Yet another super shot. I really like this. I hadn't noticed the pole until Roger pointed it out, but now that I know it's there, it's nagging at me too. Sigh.
    Dee
    www.amomentisforever.com

I'm leaving my husband for my D3X! I'm in love!!!

Please, feel free to edit the images I submit for critique. I'm a visual kind of gal!

Tuna, I will admit that the subject here is not capturing me, but I feel you have framed and composed this scene very nicely. I really like the tilted air conditioning unit in the window right up in the upper left corner. Somehow, for me, i find that corner of the frame and the AC unit to be what interests me most in the picture. thanks to your composition, I can enjoy the picture wiothout being taken in or sold on the subject. Great execution
    please do not edit and repost my photos

gary

Viewfinder and Off-Topic Co-Mod walterick's Avatar

I think the subject here is a little hard to pin down. I know from the title that the subject is supposed to be the sign, so that is where I look. But otherwise, I don't get a real strong sense of subject.

Also, that A/C unit kinda steals the scene! It looks like it's in the process of being pushed out of the window!

I love the technical qualities of your photos. Always sharp and well framed. Technically superb.
    Walter Rick Long
    Nikon Samurai, Mamiya Master, Velvia Bandit

Check out the Welcome Thread

My photography on Myspace

Thank you for your comments and critique regarding this image.

I've had it for a while and though the scene amused me when I captured it, wondered if it would have any appeal to others. Taken on 3rd Ave in Upper Manhattan, I was taken by this strangely named business squeezed into it's small space in this big city. I was tempted to try and find out what the business was but, thankfully, refrained as the fun is in the imagining.

The other appeal for me are the little things throughout - the A/C unit is also my favorite as well as the flag, lock and mail. I'm glad that was noticed. There are a multitude of similar little scenes, filled with similar little things, throughout the city.

Tuna

Thread Information