• 05-09-2014, 09:07 AM
    armando_m
    Portraits - available light
    2 images taken in the same space, large light source overhead through plastic kind of yellowish, outside is overcast clouds get thinner at times, need to be careful with the exposure

I struggled with the whitebalance

and could not get the same skin colors

**oversharpening halos thanks to flickr resizing process

the background color changes between the 2 photos
    1. I feel this is closer to reality, light is high to the side, ceiling is concrete, yellowish background
    https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2898/...0f4c3c7e_c.jpg

2. light is right over the model, blueish background , skin looks way to yellow
    https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7335/...6024db46_c.jpg

perhaps it is time got get a calibration color checker ?
  • 05-09-2014, 09:16 PM
    hminx
    Re: Portraits - available light
    Loverly models Armando, on my screen #1 has a reddish hue, #2 seems just fine on my screen though the backdrop has a few wrinkles ....:)
  • 05-10-2014, 06:39 AM
    armando_m
    Thanks for commenting Pete
  • 05-10-2014, 09:11 AM
    GB1
    Armando - Good to see you're shooting fashion again. Think they're the same model, right? beauty blinds me though :)

I see two very different lighting schemes here. The top one, it seems the lighting is unflattering for studio, but if she were outside ,in a park, it might work out OK. I am not sure about it's color balance: it's definitely not completely right, too redish/pinkish, but am unsure why your camera had such a hard time with it? There may have been multiple light sources at different temperatures.

The bottom one is a wild shot, really like her two-tone outfit, hair blowing around, and bold pose. A few things could be better, however: I'd like to see more of her (seems to clip off at a bad pt) and I'd also like to see more of her right arm, and the background would be better if you couldn't see the fabric texture. From her expression she may also be posing for another photographer, but I don't see that being a big issue. Would also have been nice if her hair was independently lit via a hair light. You can't always do all the things you want in a quickly-changing situation though.

Post more of her :D - GB

EDIT - I guess I didn't read the post very well: only available (natural) light (?) Hmm.
  • 05-11-2014, 07:45 AM
    armando_m
    Greg,

yes available light ...

1. yes 2 light sources, 1, top right bight yellowish , 2nd faint greenish reflections
    2. 1 light source on top , big one , yes she is posing for someone else

I'll post 2 shot with flash