Portrait Up Close

Printable View

• 10-26-2011, 09:43 PM
    GB1
    1 Attachment(s)
    Portrait Up Close
    From early summer. Quite a bit of cropping on this one.

G
  • 10-26-2011, 11:10 PM
    hminx
    Re: Portrait Up Close
    Only minor nitpicks I have are that the position of her hair makes her neck look rather longer than normal, it's also as if the light from the left was a bit bright as her teeth look a bit unevenly lit, along with the hot lips, and over large catch light in her left eye.
  • 10-27-2011, 02:01 AM
    PhilF
    I do tight crops a lot but I would prefer to balance it all out though... I would give room more on the forehead than the clavicle area
  • 10-27-2011, 04:12 AM
    armando_m
    I agree on bit more forehead , currently the top is too close to her eyebrow

beautiful shot Greg
  • 10-27-2011, 08:13 AM
    GB1
    Thanks guys. I agree that the teeth etc needs work. Maybe I should add more catch light to her left eye to balance that out (should be easy to do).

Here's another - less cropped. better? I didn't do hardly any post to this version like I did on the first posting (smoothing skin, adding contrast, etc)

G

http://www.gregbulla.com/Photography...crop2_1000.jpg
  • 10-27-2011, 08:46 AM
    OldClicker
    Personally, I like a crop of the original with the bottom brought up to cut off just a little of the bottom of the chin - like just above where the shaded part comes to the bottom of the chin. - Terry
  • 10-27-2011, 10:27 AM
    Scattisportivi
    I think it is very well composed and exposed. Maybe too many skin details, but if you like "natural" portraits more than "photoshopped"...
    Thanks for sharing
  • 10-27-2011, 10:31 AM
    armando_m
    on the second image, I would try to soften the forehead skin
  • 10-28-2011, 02:25 PM
    GB1
    2 Attachment(s)
    Ok fellows, here's a couple additional edits.

Terry, I didn't see that being a great crop. Give it a try and repost it if you'd like.

G

PS - I know her teeth need attention. Just have to find the time to do it.
  • 10-28-2011, 06:51 PM
    DrRoebuck
    Quote:

Originally Posted by GB1 View Post
    Thanks guys. I agree that the teeth etc needs work. Maybe I should add more catch light to her left eye to balance that out (should be easy to do).

Here's another - less cropped. better? I didn't do hardly any post to this version like I did on the first posting (smoothing skin, adding contrast, etc)

G

http://www.gregbulla.com/Photography...crop2_1000.jpg

I like this crop more, even if it is a bit more orthodox.

I'm also a fan of the lesser processing; on the skin in the particular. Though I get that that's how portraits are done and you pretty much don't have a choice. In the original version, however, it looked like you only posted in her face and not her neck.