Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Can u give me some pointers on this....

Hello people! A newbie here.

Hope you guys can comment and give me some tips on how to further enhance my shooting techniques... please?

edited with Photo Impact 8

just for fun

Hi Jazzyong. I like the shot a lot. One thing to consider is to get it sharp from front to end. The first steps and the first part of the fence are a bit unsharp now. I don't know which settings you used, but if you play around with focussing and a small diafragma (high number, f8, f11) this may give you what you're looking for. I'm not a pro either, but maybe it works.

Frank
    Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard drive?

I see some good things in your image: good choice to do this in b&w,,,very moody. I like your composition, leading the eyes up the steps and right through the frame on the path. The lighting is good on the path and the fence, though the trees on the left are too dark and without detail. I agree that your DOF in this case could be wider, thinking that the front steps would have more impact if they were sharp, instead of what you have here. Many images wind up being a matter of personal taste, so take the comments merely as suggestions. Enjoy, and let's see some more.

I like the feel of this. Nice angle and point of view. I would agree that more depth of field was needed, with a smaller aperture. At least the first several steps and the tree on the left should be within focus. Looks like you have an eye for composition and seeing other points of view. Nice.

___Gary___

Hey!Thanks for the comments.Appreciate it!

And yes,I agree totally on th DOF....haha,didn't notice it until I read the comments.

Keep shooting!

Thread Information