Portrait

Printable View

• 06-28-2014, 08:37 AM
    armando_m
    Portrait
    http://armando-m.smugmug.com/People/...O/_DSC6447.jpg

bought a 50mm f1.8 e Series manual lens and had to test it ... :)

available light, large translucent window on top with a reflector at floor level
    f2.8 iso400 1/200 50m manual focus

pretty happy how this turned out,

what do you think ?
  • 06-28-2014, 07:42 PM
    Lava Lamp
    Re: Portrait
    It's beautiful.

I had a Series E lens, but never did anything this good with it.

If you want a nitpick or two, I think you could lose the shadow of her earring on her chest, the spot on her wrist and some of the flyaways at the edge of her hair and the light.
  • 06-29-2014, 07:47 PM
    armando_m
    thanks! yes, the shadow of the earring does bother me too, I have not noticed the spot on her wrist but should be easy to correct
  • 06-29-2014, 08:37 PM
    GB1
    Funny shot in that it has sort of a classical and sexy look at the same time. I find the composition daring, and I like it, but you might consider losing some of the large empty area above her head. Really like her eye contact and facial expression, which is confident but denotes a bit of humor also. This image has potential for additional crops.

G
    \
  • 06-30-2014, 07:53 PM
    armando_m
    Thank you Greg
  • 10-11-2014, 10:09 AM
    mrlee1989
    I have to agree with what Lava Lamp said the shadow from the hoop is quite distracting. I n my opinion you should add a flash or strobe from behind to add some highlights to the hair which gives the image more dimension. Other then that I think this shot composition wise is fine.