Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Thread: artful mess.

artful mess.

These are the start of a series im working on relating to the number of tags in the area. some of the local work is really amazing.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails artful mess.-liberty.jpg  
    Attached Images Attached Images   

GB1
    Not bad, but make sure you take a good angle on them when shooting and when the lighting is good. I like #1 but think #3 is a bit too dark. On #2, you might waht to try to crop out the top walkway and fence. The result would look flat but I think it might be better since the top walkway distracts somewhat.

- gb

Arrow cool

[looks good. top idea for a subject. I disagree with the previous response. I'd suggest that to make this type of photo work you need to put the graf into some sort of context, not just a flat image of the piece alone. so i like the first shot most. as far as getting even lighting on them is concerned, maybe try shooting them on overcast days.

thanks

thank you both for the input, this series is going to about graf in relationship to the doorways that it can open for young artistic "misfits" for lack of a better word. that is why the entrance to the tunnels is important to these two shots, the third is mainly just thrown in because i like it so much! these guys are very good at what they do!

Thread Information