Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Thread: New lights

New lights

This is one of the first attempts at studio lighting. I just got my new light set and this is one of the better ones. Input and advice welcome as I am new to studio lighting and have a lot to learn.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Capt. Len
    Stingray Images Ltd.

Re: New lights

I think it's too contrasty. Or maybe just the hot spots make it seem that way. I think the right side (camera) is to hot. Maybe some makeup would help with the sheen too. I dunno.

I have no experience in studio lights at all so I can only relate what I see and not provide a solution.

But it's not bad for a first time attempt I guess. Way better than I could do my first try. I gave up trying to do studio type shots with my manual flashes. Ugly!

Tim
    My blog - Photography Rulez

'Slim' - K10D and *ist DL w/ SMCP DA 70mm 2.4 Limited, SMCP-DA 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6, SMC M 28mm f/2.8, SMC M 50mm f/1.7, and Tamron AF75-300mm f/4-5.6 LD Macro
    Slim of the Clan O'Canon - A1 w/ FD 28, 50, 70-210 & Sigma 500/1000 f8/f16

Thanks for the feed back.

I think I had the umbrellas to far back, making the light harsher than I wanted; and it was a hot night with inadaquate A/C so not the best of conditions. As I said, this is all the start of a learning curve for me, and all input is greatly appreciated.
    I need all the advice I can get.
    Thanks again
    Capt. Len
    Stingray Images Ltd.

tell your model to loose it up a bit. he looks like hew waiting for someone to hit him in the head, but has to keep smiling. and wipe his face before the shoots, hes shiny. hehe

Thread Information