Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Please look at this photo and tell me

what would this picture be good for?

I think this is one of the most perfect pictures I've ever taken. I also have a model release from the subjects, so I can use it commercially or editorially. I can even see it as a stock photo.

But I don't have a whole library of "stock" photos to sell, and I can't just sell one image, can I?

I could write a story around it and submit it to newspapers, I suppose. But what story?

What else could I do with this shot? I hate to let it just gather dust on my hard drive. I never get tired of looking at it.

Drink Coffee. Do stupid things faster with more energy.

Re: Please look at this photo and tell me

Kelly,

When I first saw this image, it almost reminded me as something you'd seen in a camping advertisement, or something you'd find as part of a 'romantic getaway' ad. I think it could be used as a stock photo, it's perfect, but I don't know what really. I don't think the newspaper idea would be your best option, I don't know if making up a story to match a picture is always a good idea. I'm not sure, but those are my thoughts,

Jared

By "story" I meant some sort of piece like, for instance, "Best places to picnic in San Francisco" or something (which I know nothing about).
    Drink Coffee. Do stupid things faster with more energy.

This is a very natural moment you captured , and the lighting and dof is good. The only thing that bothers me with this is the shadow in the fg cutting off their feet. or so it seems. but it may not be a big issue. Certainly not enough to take awy from the positive aspects of this image.
    Definetely feels like a stock photo that could be used for anything from camping or vacation ads to medicineand drug ads such as drugs to "beat depression" etc . . . As you stated, I think it would be nearly impossible to sell one stock photo, but in the meantime you could build a collection of Stock images that you could eventually try to show various agencies.
    please do not edit and repost my photos

gary

Quote Originally Posted by kellybean
    By "story" I meant some sort of piece like, for instance, "Best places to picnic in San Francisco" or something (which I know nothing about).
    Kelly,

My error on your story meaning. I though saying how Bob and Jane went camping and so forth. I think it would fit perfectly into some sort of newspaper setting for an editorial or a 'Best _____________" fill in the blank.

My bad on the story definition,

Jared

Quote Originally Posted by kellybean
    what would this picture be good for?

I think this is one of the most perfect pictures I've ever taken. I also have a model release from the subjects, so I can use it commercially or editorially. I can even see it as a stock photo.
    Honestly, I see this as the label stuck to the side of that cooler. Just what I see.
    John Cowan
    Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.
    ~Ernest Hemingway~

"Coleman Coolers A great way to carry the fish that you didnt catch."
    <><
    Flickr
    --Rebel T2i
    --Sigma 10-20mm
    --Canon EF-S 55-250mm
    --Tamron 17-50mm F2.8

What about " to maintain your lifestyle when you get older, it is best to insure when you are young".
    yoyo

Nice photo. This photo reads to me life style of a young couple. How they would work hard on weekends, have a zillion of things to handle during weekdays, yet they should understand the importance of life/work balance and healthy living style to build a strong relationship.

MJS
    Digital Video Moderator

It gets warm enough up there to wear shorts?
    Michael
    Nikon Samurai #8
    Avid Editor
    Sony Shogun

Great shot Kelly. It has the "getaway" feeling. Getting away from the fuss of the city in the background and taking time for yourself. As for ideas, I don't really know
    Liban

"There is nothing like returning to a place that remains unchanged to find the ways in which you yourself have." Nelson Mandela

Nikon Samurai #23 - The Alexei Ponikarovsky of PR

Havana Cuba Photography

My vote would be vacation pamphlet. Or maybe ad work? Both which, to me, would fall into stock photography.

And Michael, as soon as it hits 40 up here, we're wearing shorts. Sometimes we even go shirtless in below 0. You southerns are pretty wimpy.
    I sleep, but I don't rest.

Thread Information