Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

My first critique....This is Tanzy

Hey Folks,

Well, this is my first picture that I have posted for a critique. While in the house the cat jumped up next to the vase of flowers. I thought it would make a nice photo, and this was my favorite out of the three that I took. What do you all think? I shot this in the program mode with a DRebel, no flash (guess that's why I got an ISO of 1600), I think it is a little grainy, but I would like everyones critique / opinion. Thanks for looking.

Image Info: Tv 1/100, Av 5.6, ISO 1600, exposure compensation 0.

Thanks again,

Ken
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails My first critique....This is Tanzy-tanzy.jpg  

Re: My first critique....This is Tanzy

The prettiest picture I have ever seen That cat's smile harmonises with the flowers a lot. It looks like the cat is a model or what, but the cat can't be a model so the biggest merit for this composition goes to the photographer

The only minus is that flowers cover cat's ear a bit. Other than that, the picture is superb!

Intermediate member bobbythebandit's Avatar

Looks a bit soft on my monitor but makes little difference. Lovely cat and composition.Best thing about this shot is that you saw the chance and took it.Thats half way towards being a good photographer, we let so many chances drift by and later is too late.Well done and thanks for sharing .
    Bobby

Quote Originally Posted by Gohan
    The prettiest picture I have ever seen That cat's smile harmonises with the flowers a lot. It looks like the cat is a model or what, but the cat can't be a model so the biggest merit for this composition goes to the photographer

The only minus is that flowers cover cat's ear a bit. Other than that, the picture is superb!

Thank you very much......I really appreciate your comments. The cat was actually in the process of eating the flowers when I went to get my camera!!!! Came back and she gave me this pose. Thanks again for commenting...

Quote Originally Posted by bobbythebandit
    Looks a bit soft on my monitor but makes little difference. Lovely cat and composition.Best thing about this shot is that you saw the chance and took it.Thats half way towards being a good photographer, we let so many chances drift by and later is too late.Well done and thanks for sharing .
    Bobby
    Thanks Bobby for taking the time to reply. I really appreciate your comments........If we could only have the camera in hand whenever those chances arise, man it would make life so much easier. Just happened to get lucky with this one. Thanks again for your comments.....

Ken

Lovely photo! I'm partial to animal pictures anyway -- this one seems to have a real warm tone to it which fits the mood quite well.
    Aaron

Thanks Aaron, for taking the time to reply. I appreciate your comments.

Thread Information