Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Thread: Frog on Branch

Frog on Branch

I found this little guy while out looking for birds and thought he looked pretty neat.

Camera = Digital Rebel
    Lens = Sigma 50mm f/2.8 Macro EX
    A = f/4
    SS = 1/400Sec
    ISO = 200

Comments/suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Greg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Frog on Branch-img_3566-600.jpg  

Great catch

Great catch. Nice colors and detail. My suggestion is crop this sucker down! Get rid of much of the left and top portion that add little to the compostion. But then as many know I am a fan of the tight crop, other will diagree I'm sure.

very nice. I agree crop it down, but not too much. Just above that weird section of bark that is just above the 2 little limbs coming out. Maybe lighten the total picture a hair in photo shop too! The frog is very neat, you can tell he knows your there taking the picture, yet doesnt dare move. good eye, i wouldnt have even seen him

Sitting in a Leaky Dingy Michael Fanelli's Avatar

Hmmm

I like this one as is. Usually, I go for the tight crop, but not here. You have more than just a frog, you have a frog who's going places!
    "Every great decision creates ripples--like a huge boulder dropped in a lake. The ripples merge and rebound off the banks in unforseeable ways.

It's hurricane season... again...
    I love this photo... close-ups are my favorite. I think this would look great as a square photo. I don't know if that's considered a "tight crop" or not, but I can really imagine that frog in the center of the photo with a black mat. Nice shot!

Thread Information