Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Thread: Sleepy

Sleepy

Here’s another shot from this morning. I thought the frog looked interesting from the top and would like to know what others think.

Camera = Digital Rebel
    Lens = Sigma 50mm f/2.8 Macro EX
    Focal Length = 50mm
    A = f/5.6
    SS = 1/125Sec
    ISO = 200

Comments/suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Greg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sleepy-img_5906-600.jpg  

Re

That's the problem with judging photos on the net: the much reduced resolution really takes away much from, and doesn't do the original photograph justice. In this case, I have to admit there are problems with it (but I'm no expert in photography) as I think you should have captured the frog's face (ie. a shot from the front). The body is also blurry and unfocused: I assume it was your intention to focus on the frog's head, but you could have added a little definition to the body. Nonetheless, the colours are brilliant and really compliment the picture.

I give it a rating of 6/10

Thread Information