Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

A Cat and Philip Starck

Hi All,
    Please criticise.
    yoyo
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails A Cat and Philip Starck-cat151_640.jpg  

I can not say anything here that I think is wrong. Overall, a nice, warm toned, pleasing image of a cat lounging as they do so well. Nice
    please do not edit and repost my photos

gary

Technically sound, and the lines on the furniture add an element of interest, but I'd say this is not one of your more compelling cat shots. A couple of the others have had some palpable emotion coming from the cat and/or more visual points of interest in the composition I think... still, not a bad shot. The cats' legs are in an interesting configuration, almost like it knows the camera is there.
    D200 = Digital F100
    I have achieved nirvana.

Hi Gary, Thanks for the comments.

Hi PJ, I agree with your comments. I also have the same feeling that the vantage point is not strong.

All the best.
    yoyo

The cat is "blended " too much with the backround (color wise) and therefore it kinda loses it's identity, at least that's my opnion.

I hope I can make that more clear with an example (ignore the artifatcs caused by the correction):
    Attached Images Attached Images  

cool image nice composure and framing the color of ur couch mmmm blends the cat into it, its like baby poop but i think its a realy nice picture im going to start taking pictures of my cat cause of see you guys do it im starting to get ideas any recommendations on the f-stop i should use or the shudder speed, should it be of the cat sleeping or walking or lieing chillening out
    thanks alot please help
    ~Something is nothing~
    ~Nothing is somthing~

Hi Wings, Thanks for your suggestions and another perspective to the photo.

Hi Youngshooter, Hope to see your cat photos soon.

yoyo

hey thanks for wanting to be interrested in seeing my pictures i think ur not the only person + i have alot of pictures i just dont put them all on here
    ~Something is nothing~
    ~Nothing is somthing~

Originally I felt that the cat should be more towards the bottom of the frame but I see that it would destroy some of the strong lines in this photo. I do like it, especially the colors.

Thread Information