• 03-29-2006, 01:35 PM
    Photo-John
    Photo Critique Forum Guidelines
    Please read these guidelines and follow them when using the Photo Critique Forum.<ul><b>Photo-Posting Guidelines</b><ul><li>Only post your own photos!<li>Please post no more than five images a day. <li>Post no more than one image per thread. You may post alternative versions of the same photograph for the sake of comparison.<li>Please post recent work - avoid posting photos more than two years old.<li>Post one critique for every image you post - give back as much as you receive.</ul><P><b>Critique-Posting Guidelines</b><ul><li>Please be specific, constructive, and kind. There are all types and levels of photographers here. They all deserve our respect and attention. <li>Feel free to post critiques for as many images as you like - the more the better! <li>Do not copy and edit another photographer's photo without his or her permission. <li>Stay on topic. This forum is for serious photo criticism. There are other forums here for discussing other aspects of photography or sharing photos. </ul></ul>"Great," "I like it," and "awesome" are not critiques. Please also say why you like or don't like a photo. The critique is a collaborative process - both the photographer <i>and</i> the critic learn and grow from the process. Above all, have fun, and learn as much as you can. <P><i>mtbbrian and Photo-John</i>
  • 04-29-2006, 07:16 AM
    Alison
    Re: Photo Critique Forum Guidelines
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Photo-John
    Do not copy and edit another photographer's photo without his or her permission.

Thank you for posting this John :)
  • 03-04-2011, 03:51 PM
    Photo-John
    Forum Guidelines Discussion
    This thread is closed - partly because of spam and partly just to keep it clean and simple. There is a good thread on the guidelines, though. That thread helps give us direction and also helps establish the community standard. So if you're wondering about what the rest of the photographers on Photo Critique think about posting too many photos, not commenting, editing other peoples' photos, etc., the guidelines discussion is a good place to go.

Photo Critique Guidelines Discussion >>

Thanks for minding our guidelines and helping to make this a great place for real photo critique!