Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Nicole and Julia

Last thursday my sister Nicole gave birth to a beautiful 8lb, 12 oz Baby Girl named Julia. This pic was taken about 30 minutes after Lil' Julia was born. Comments are welcome.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Nicole and Julia-p5060130xweb.jpg  
    ~Nina~

Re: Nicole and Julia

congrats aunt nina a baby is always a great shot no matter what...thanks for sharing

todd

Senile Member

Great shot, the contented smile on mom's face as she holds her newborn says it all!!!!

This picture reminds me of the time when my wife gave birth to my son. Great shot.
    Having said that, I am not sure if the picture will be better if the mother is looking at the son but not at the camera.

Cheers,

Alex

learning member

Quote Originally Posted by Nina
    Last thursday my sister Nicole gave birth to a beautiful 8lb, 12 oz Baby Girl named Julia. This pic was taken about 30 minutes after Lil' Julia was born. Comments are welcome.
    Nichole is absolutly Raidiant, But julia looks raidioactive! try using the sponge tool around the babys face.
    Its a wonderfull portrait, and I love the comp.
    Mark.

Nina, I think the look on your sisters face is that of Pride, relief, confidence, strength, nurturing,and ultimately satisfaction. All the emotions and feelings that come together to make up "Motherhood"( IMO, of course . . .disclaimer) And the framing and comp is very good. Having seen this pic before, I agree upon looking again that little Julias face could be reduced in saturation as we tend to tweak images to look as we feel reality "should " look like at times. However, newborns faces usually are glowing red like that, especially if caught in a certain lighting. Great image
    please do not edit and repost my photos

gary

Gee initially I thought this was just a snapshot but you all have made me feel like there's more than that. I intend to print and frame this for myself and some other family members. Thank you all for your suggestions and comments.
    ~Nina~

Quote Originally Posted by Nina
    Congratulations. This is a turly lovely picture and special moment. You don't really want a critique, do you?

learning member

Quote Originally Posted by mdmc
    Nichole is absolutly Raidiant, But julia looks raidioactive! try using the sponge tool around the babys face.
    Its a wonderfull portrait, and I love the comp.
    Mark.
    Sorry, got all wrapped up in the bright baby!
    Congrats Aunt Nina, I'm sure the family will always appreciate that you were there! And with you're camera!
    Mark.

GB1

Great shot of a mother and newborn. I love the expression on their faces. The photo is technically good. Only thing that could be better is if the foreground (bottom) of the pic wasn't so bright in comparison to the top.

I'm sure she'll love ya for this shot!

Hi Nina,
    Wonderful shot! I agree with Gary's detailed analysis. I am sure this photo brings a lot of good memories when it is viewed in the coming years.
    yoyo

Thread Information