Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

London Pageantry - testing the new camera

Hi all .. as it was a lovely day today I thought I'd go into London and test out my new Pentax *ist DL with a little pageantry. Two photos are attached. One is a salute being taken as part of the "Changing of the Guard" (which is something we Brits do for tourists!) and the other is a Horse Guard.

Cheers
    Mike
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails London Pageantry - testing the new camera-london-12-jpg-small.jpg   London Pageantry - testing the new camera-london-21-jpg-small.jpg  

Re: London Pageantry - testing the new camera

I reckon you must be pretty happy with the results from the new camera if these are anything to go by.
    I'm a Pentax man myself so I should know LOL
    Tom
    http://www.overbeyond.com

I have a total lack of respect for anything connected with society, except that which makes the roads safer, the beer stronger, the food cheaper, and the old men and old women warmer in the winter and happier in the summer. Brendan Behan

Love + Music + Photography = Life CLKunst's Avatar

Re: London Pageantry - testing the new camera

Looks like you have a great lens on this too! Nice work Didache, good to see you are out having fun with the new rig! Looks like a good day to be out with it too. As to a specific critique for the images I like the face of the young horse guard. He looks so young and serious. Good detail in the shadow under the hat brim for what looked like a blazingly sunny day. Wait till you try it at night!
    C.L. Kunst - CLicKs Photography
    Asheville Photographer
    www.clicksphotography.net

Thread Information