Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Orange Parking Barriers

Does it work for you?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Orange Parking Barriers-orange-park-barriers-640-breit.jpg  

Re: Orange Parking Barriers

I really like this shot, theres just something about it that catches my eye and i like how everything is quite sharp.Really good job. I like the colors too they are simple but effective.
    Well done.

Callum
    Nikon D40x

I like the way this is laid out geometrically. Good colors.
    John

Very interesting shot. I like it. I think it would be better if both orange barriers in the foreground were completly in the shot.
    Greg
    I am like Barney Fife, I have a gun but Andy makes me keep the bullet in my pocket..

Sony a99/a7R

MB1

Quote Originally Posted by Greg McCary
    Very interesting shot. I like it. I think it would be better if both orange barriers in the foreground were completly in the shot.
    Greg
    Or if they were both not completly in the frame.

I kind of wish it was shot from a slightly lower perspective to make the nearest barriers appear larger.

Greg, after your comment I looked at my files to see whether there is one in which the two barriers are completely in the picture (I took about 10 photos). Unfortunately I did not find any, I think it's because there was no way to get further back, if I remember right there was a construction fence or so. Looking at the photo now, I actually like that the one in the right upper corner is also not completely in the image (diagonal to the left lower corner!). I think that both are cut gives the image the touch of infinity to the right and to the left, rather than looking "only" at a couple of blocks. Does that make sense?

Thread Information