passed by

Printable View

• 11-05-2012, 10:48 PM
    n8
    1 Attachment(s)
    passed by
    This past week I was out in Portland, which just screams for street photography. Unfortunately this isn't my niche, and so my hesitance to get it right made it blurry. This was the second shot I took of the kid. The first, just a minute or two earlier had an empty sidewalk. I preferred this one. Yes, I used a distressed effect in post.
  • 11-06-2012, 04:33 AM
    llewpics
    Re: passed by
    At first, I was not sure I cared much for it ...but then I kept on looking at it ...and discovering faces, movement, and started asking myself what all these folks were doing ....where they were going and such. I think that makes it a strong photo.
    To critique it, the foreground person would probably work better a little more to the right.
  • 11-06-2012, 07:49 AM
    Adamo
    I like it. I think I would like it better with a few less people. I do like the PP you used. Overall, nice shot
  • 11-06-2012, 08:45 AM
    Don Schaeffer
    I like it but you could crop more closely around the figures.
  • 11-08-2012, 08:51 PM
    GB1
    Hmm.. tricky photo! A lot of different planes. It's a keeper alright, but the only part I don't like is the most prominent one: the fellow smack dab in the center, who is too blurry and dark. Great expressions on the others. Glad you captured the moment imperfectly rather than waiting and getting nothing just perfect.

G