Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Bench under Tree . . . . . Keeper?

This is a shot I took a in January and I never was too excited about it . I noticed my daughter and a friend of mine seem to like it alot and has kindled my feelings about it. I did some editing with it and added a soft blur to the image as I think it looks more interestng.( This is the version they all seem to like) Would like to know what others think of it. Thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Bench under Tree  . . . . .    Keeper?-lndscp1203-1901xxweb.jpg  
    Last edited by gahspidy; 03-05-2004 at 09:24 AM. Reason: re phrase
    please do not edit and repost my photos

gary

It's a Keeper

Quote Originally Posted by gahspidy
    This is a shot I took a in January and I never was too excited about it . I noticed my daughter and a friend of mine seem to like it alot and has kindled my feelings about it. I did some editing with it and added a soft blur to the image as I think it looks more interestng.( This is the version they all seem to like) Would like to know what others think of it. Thanks
    There is no doubt about it being a keeper. It has a dark haunting quality that I like very much. The abstract feel of the tree branches against the sky is very intresting. If I have a nit on this one it is that to me it lacks a central area of focus or interest. My eye just doesn't seem to know where to go I'm not lead to that one spot in the image that says look at me. Still the overall quality and mood of the image says explore me. Nice post.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Timer
    There is no doubt about it being a keeper. It has a dark haunting quality that I like very much. The abstract feel of the tree branches against the sky is very intresting. If I have a nit on this one it is that to me it lacks a central area of focus or interest. My eye just doesn't seem to know where to go I'm not lead to that one spot in the image that says look at me. Still the overall quality and mood of the image says explore me. Nice post.
    I agree with you about there not being a subject or veiwing point that lets the eye feel comfortable lingering on. I would have liked the bench to be a more powerful subject, but it more blends in with everything else rather than stand out strong demanding attention.
    I try to bring a haunting or mysterious element to most of my photos, I'm glad you "ve felt that way about this one. Thanks for your time
    please do not edit and repost my photos

gary

Thread Information