Painted Waterfall

Printable View

• 10-17-2004, 06:28 PM
    mjs1973
    4 Attachment(s)
    Painted Waterfall
    I went back to my take some more shots of the same waterfall that I had posted here. (Nat, you voted that I should go back, so I did. ;) )This time I went with a little extra daylight, and I also took a flashlight with me because I new the daylight wasn't going to last long. I used the flashlight to paint in some of the shots since it got too dark. Here are some of the ones that I liked the best. Only editing done was auto levels to all, and some cropping on #1. I was going to crop out the rock and leaves in the bottom of #2, but I like it better with them. What do you think? As always, any and all comments are welcomed and appriciated.
  • 10-17-2004, 06:48 PM
    mjs1973
    1 Attachment(s)
    One more...
    This is for the anti PS crowd. :) No editing done to this image.
  • 10-17-2004, 07:34 PM
    GB1
    Re: Painted Waterfall
    You did a good job implementing the suggestions from the last time - numbers 3 and 4 are quite good, esp # 3. The lighting is still somewhat surreal, but it makes the photographs different.

The leaves at the bottom of # 1 and # 2... Hmmmmm. I'd have to see it w/o them to comment whether its better with or without. Note that without the leaves it might look like a bigger scene (if that makes any difference).

Nice job!
  • 10-17-2004, 09:18 PM
    wposloski
    I see you have added different perspectives in this series of the same falls. I think the dominant angle in this series shrinks the apparent size of the falls but adds a more dynamic element to the water. The clarity of the floating leaves gives scale to the image that was not as apparent in your first shoot. My personal favorite is #3. The colours are more natural and other than a few red "noise" spots on the rocks in the FG I wouldn't change a thing. Number 2 looks like you used a flash in addition to a long shutter speed and "froze" some elements of the moving water.
    Only thing lacking is a sound track.
    Bill
  • 10-18-2004, 02:16 AM
    mjs1973
    Quote:

Originally Posted by wposloski
    I see you have added different perspectives in this series of the same falls. I think the dominant angle in this series shrinks the apparent size of the falls but adds a more dynamic element to the water. The clarity of the floating leaves gives scale to the image that was not as apparent in your first shoot. My personal favorite is #3. The colours are more natural and other than a few red "noise" spots on the rocks in the FG I wouldn't change a thing. Number 2 looks like you used a flash in addition to a long shutter speed and "froze" some elements of the moving water.
    Only thing lacking is a sound track.
    Bill

Thanks for the comments Bill. I didn't even notice those red spots before. I guess I was in too big of a hurry to get them posted. I will have to fix those before I print them. Number 3 is also my favorite from this shoot. Three and 4 were taken firts in the shoot and I was able to use what little daylight I still had. One and 2 I used a flashlight to give me a little extra light when it got too dark. I didn't use my flash at all on this shoot.

Thanks again for the comments.
    Michael
  • 10-18-2004, 05:51 AM
    Chunk
    Quote:

Originally Posted by mjs1973
    I went back to my take some more shots of the same waterfall that I had posted here. (Nat, you voted that I should go back, so I did. ;) )This time I went with a little extra daylight, and I also took a flashlight with me because I new the daylight wasn't going to last long. I used the flashlight to paint in some of the shots since it got too dark. Here are some of the ones that I liked the best. Only editing done was auto levels to all, and some cropping on #1. I was going to crop out the rock and leaves in the bottom of #2, but I like it better with them. What do you think? As always, any and all comments are welcomed and appriciated.

I really like the glow in #2, it almost looks like the water is the source of the light. The leaves in the foreground are a good thing. They are all quite nice.
  • 10-19-2004, 03:01 PM
    Spike
    #2 and #3
    I really like the colors in # 2 and # 4. Very creative for landscape/nature photographs. My only nitpick is that bright yellow leaf in # 4, it's rather over-exposed.

Spike
  • 10-20-2004, 04:54 PM
    Young Shooter
    Re: One more...
    that pic that u didnt do ps to dosent look that apatising
  • 10-20-2004, 05:00 PM
    Young Shooter
    1 Attachment(s)
    i have a sick water fall pic that i didnt do anything in photoshop to it its nasty actually i will post it