Oregon Sunrise in January

Printable View

• 02-09-2005, 12:02 AM
    mdvaden
    1 Attachment(s)
    Oregon Sunrise in January
    A sunrise in Oregon.

I was about 1 hour south near Salem. I wish I had been up at Portland so that Mt. Hood would have been silouetted against this.
  • 02-09-2005, 05:19 AM
    Eagle_Eye
    Re: Oregon Sunrise in January
    Beautiful! This is my kind of shot. The colors are great. My only suggestion would be to crop a little of the bottom.

Dudley
  • 02-09-2005, 06:57 AM
    Chunk
    Oh man, what a beauty. I like the tree as a forground element.
  • 02-09-2005, 09:39 AM
    Hindey
    Do sunsets like that really happen on Earth? It's awesome, stunning colours. I wish I could have seen that.

Nice capture.

Chris
  • 02-09-2005, 10:30 AM
    villenadecorte
    MD-
    Awesome shot! That is a beauty. I wouldn't change a thing on this.
    I have yet to see an Oregon sunrise- my sister is in Tigard- so hopefully soon!
    Looking forward to seeing more from you- especially some Mt. Hood shots ;)

Cheers!
    Rebekah
    VillenaDeCorte

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdvaden
    A sunrise in Oregon.

I was about 1 hour south near Salem. I wish I had been up at Portland so that Mt. Hood would have been silouetted against this.

• 02-09-2005, 10:46 AM
    Hightree
    Wow, what a vivid colors. They almost hurt my eyes. Great to see that scenes like these are still happening on earth and that someone is there to capture it and share it with us :-)

Cheers,
    Frank
  • 02-09-2005, 03:35 PM
    mdvaden
    Oops, doubled my edit.

Jump down a reply. :rolleyes:
  • 02-09-2005, 03:45 PM
    mdvaden
    Thanks.

Maybe I'll frame it as a tribute.

My wife was down south in Medford, Oregon because her dad passed away. The morning I shot this photo, I was driving our 12 and 27 year old sons from Beaverton, Oregon. We left near 6 am, and after about 1 hour we were amazed at the color display in the sky, both east and west. This is sunrise east, and there was a rainbow at the same time to the west of the freeway.

It is one of the better sunrises I've seen in a while.

One thing I get to see a lot of are the sunsets at the ocean a little over an hour west of here near Seaside, Oregon.

I just added it to the album (link by my signature) and put it in the "OREGON" album.

One last word - I did not edit the colors. That's the way it was.

(VillenaDeCorte.... - thanks...and by the way, I live next to Tigard, about 3 minutes away, maybe faster on a bike through the big park. If you are up this way, you might get good shots of Mt. Hood or Mt. St. Helens.)

Good day to you all.

:)