Orange

Printable View

• 10-05-2004, 07:16 PM
    Lava Lamp
    1 Attachment(s)
    Orange
    I don't know what kind of butterfly this is - I found him at a bitterfly center and I think he is South American. Please share your comments and suggestions. D70 and Tamron 90, cropped.
  • 10-05-2004, 07:24 PM
    Clicker
    Very Pretty!
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Lava Lamp
    I don't know what kind of butterfly this is - I found him at a bitterfly center and I think he is South American. Please share your comments and suggestions. D70 and Tamron 90, cropped.

Nice Capture ! I like this image, and I really really like purple, and i know that purple and orange are opposite each other in the color wheel, but I almost feel like I like purple so much, that It competes for attention with the Butterfly, which should be the main focus...

You may not like this look but I want to suggest that all color be removed **except** for the butterly.. IMO I think it would let those wings be the center of attention... Somehow the lavender seems more colorful..?

or not.

lol.
  • 10-05-2004, 07:47 PM
    Clicker
    1 Attachment(s)
    Orange Please
    I had to do it... Had to see - couldn't wait :(
  • 10-05-2004, 08:09 PM
    Steph_B
    Re: Orange Please
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Clicker
    I had to do it... Had to see - couldn't wait :(

I LOVE this version! The blue flowers did not disturb me all that much .. however the burned highlights on the bottom were another matter! The BW conversion made this problem go away.

Good job!

The DOF seems to be a bit too shallow. A part of the wing is not very sharp.

I will be moving to Cleveland soon. The botanical garden has a whole section dedicated to exotic live butterflies flying around. I am looking forward to some shooting opportunities! It does not look easy! Thanks for sharing LL.
  • 10-05-2004, 08:29 PM
    Clicker
    Re: Orange Please
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Steph_B
    I LOVE this version! The blue flowers did not disturb me all that much .. however the burned highlights on the bottom were another matter! The BW conversion made this problem go away.

Good job!

thanks! ( still ducking in case LL throws something at me......)

:rolleyes: