Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Thread: Open

Open

Another one from today. I took this with a Canon QL-17 GIII that I won on e-bay...
    Greg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Open-open2.jpg  
    I am like Barney Fife, I have a gun but Andy makes me keep the bullet in my pocket..

Sony a99/a7R

Re: Open

Greg,

I love the tones in this picuture and so I wish that chain wasn't there for the shot you have; Then it would be excellent. I think the chain spoils the tonal quality of the picture.

As it is I want to pull back and see what the chain is attached to at the other end.

Roger
    "I hope we will never see the day when photo shops sell little schema grills to clamp onto our viewfinders; and the Golden Rule will never be found etched on our ground glass." from The mind's eye by Henri Cartier-Bresson

My Web Site: www.readingr.com

DSLR
    Canon 5D; EF100-400 F4.5-5.6L IS USM; EF24-70 F2.8L USM 50mm F1.8 II; EF 100 F2.8 Macro
    Digital
    Canon Powershot Pro 1; Canon Ixus 100

Thanks Rodger, You may be right about the chain. I thought it helped the shot after I had turned it 90 degrees. The lettering is straight but the chain still hangs left making one turn their head as they look at it....
    Greg
    I am like Barney Fife, I have a gun but Andy makes me keep the bullet in my pocket..

Sony a99/a7R

I really like these type subjects. It is attractive, but I think loosening up the crop a bit and placing the "valve" to the right side with more of the chain leading out to the left would be a stronger comp. Displaying this as a horizontal shot with the chain hanging down, as it were, would work too.
    please do not edit and repost my photos

gary

Thread Information