Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Subliminal Message

I hope you get where I was going with this one. Look hard. What do you think?
    Greg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Subliminal Message-stopanimalsas.jpg  
    I am like Barney Fife, I have a gun but Andy makes me keep the bullet in my pocket..

Sony a99/a7R

Re: Subliminal Message

Interesting double message, it would be really interesting if the same person wrote both messages....
    Rule books are paper they will not cushion a sudden meeting of stone and metal. --Ernie Gann--
    What is a cynic? A man who knows the price of everything and the value of nothing. --Oscar Wilde--

"if we're not supposed to eat animals, why are they made of meat?"

my vegetarian friend replied with:
    "if we're not supposed to eat people, why are they made of meat?"

Good eye.
    <><
    Flickr
    --Rebel T2i
    --Sigma 10-20mm
    --Canon EF-S 55-250mm
    --Tamron 17-50mm F2.8

Well, I have to chime in with one of the funniest things I've ever heard. In an interview on TV, a non-meat-eating woman made this statement: "We should not eat animals. After all, they would not eat us!"
    tink ewe belly mooch

I invite your casual attention to my family Photo Site

Greg, not only is this a good subject that you keenly spotted, but you brought it back in a way that is also aesthetically pleasing with this terrific composition. The perspective of this with the "Stop" at the upper left corner and large with the rest of the statement fading off towrds the partially included window with broken panel glass. . .superb. Exposure, composition, subject matter. . . one of the best I've seen from you.
    please do not edit and repost my photos

gary

I'll echo Gary's comments on this Excellent work, presented well and good spotting of an intriguing subject.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Yuck

my vegetarian friend replied with:
    "if we're not supposed to eat people, why are they made of meat?"
    Mr Yuck - Just to be contreversial the response should be "We will eat people; Its just that we haven't eaten all the animals yet! :"

Roger
    "I hope we will never see the day when photo shops sell little schema grills to clamp onto our viewfinders; and the Golden Rule will never be found etched on our ground glass." from The mind's eye by Henri Cartier-Bresson

My Web Site: www.readingr.com

DSLR
    Canon 5D; EF100-400 F4.5-5.6L IS USM; EF24-70 F2.8L USM 50mm F1.8 II; EF 100 F2.8 Macro
    Digital
    Canon Powershot Pro 1; Canon Ixus 100

Thanks EOS, I thought that the different lettering, one stronger than the other made the shot.
    Mr. Yuck and R_S, I have never heard these sayings but I like them.
    Thanks Gary, I worried with composer on this one for awhile when I was taking it, I wasn't sure if the broken window worked or not. I saw the "eat me" writeing almost hidden in the other letters while I was taking the picture, but the subliminal message idea came about in post processing. I am glad you like it. It's a hit with my son as well.
    Rodger, Thanks to you as well...
    Greg
    I am like Barney Fife, I have a gun but Andy makes me keep the bullet in my pocket..

Sony a99/a7R

Thread Information