• 03-11-2014, 07:28 PM
    tayl0124
    2 Attachment(s)
    One - A tribute to Metallica
    I rented a few lenses for the first weekend in March. Went and checked out a band and took some shots. Here is my favorite from that Friday night.

Attachment 92825
  • 03-12-2014, 07:09 AM
    ksbryan0
    Re: One - A tribute to Metallica
    Shawn, I think the biggest thing that hurts this image is the location of the microphone. Seems pretty intrusive where it is at. Not sure what is going on with the focus...seems like it is sharp on his shoulder tattoo and on his hair, but eyes and facial features seems soft. I like the grain in the image, wondering it it is native or something you added in PP...either way, it is well done.
  • 03-13-2014, 04:02 PM
    tayl0124
    Thanks!! Yeah, I know the microphone could of had better placement. I was shooting in a pretty dark club and couldn't move around much. The grain/noise is from shooting at 8000 iso on my 6d. With all that noise, and with the eyes kind of dark, it was also hard to determine if the eyes were in proper focus or not. This was my first time out shooting a band with a dslr. I rented the 24-70 and 70-200 f2.8 for a band I shot photos of the next night.
  • 03-24-2014, 01:20 PM
    FunkyMonkey
    Although it has the potential to be a great shot the mic just kills it for me.
  • 04-06-2014, 05:53 PM
    Lava Lamp
    This is good, but I actually would have liked it to be wider, if possible.

I actually think the microphone adds to the image -- you need it for context -- but seeing part fo the stand would have kept it from just "floating" there.