Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Nude model from behind (nudity warning)

Nude model from behind
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Nude model from behind (nudity warning)-msc_8094.jpg  

Re: Nude model from behind (nudity warning)

Very nicely done, tasteful presentaton of the female body. I would prefer some background versus removing all of it.
    Bill,

Feel Free TO EDIT My Photos, But Please Tell Me Why
    I have gone over to the dark side, no more film.
    Canon T2i, 18-135 IS
    Digital Point&Shot - Canon Powershot A470

Exposure is very consistant, good considering the large number of lights used. This shot breaks some rules composition wise and unless you had a specific reason for doing so, I'm not sure it's such a good thing. I'm having particular trouble with placement of the left leg, angle of the left hand (bent backward) and the overall tense linear lines (even without seeing a facial expression, she looks quite uncomfortable). Could use some additional skin work at the left elbow, right hip and right knee. The square crop works well though...

GB1

Welcome to the forums,eleganteye.

Not sure I like this, to be honest.. her pose seems a bit awkward, and with her back to us it seems impersonal. Alas, it is pretty neat how you got the entire area around her so white even though it does seem stark. One thing to remember though - any time you shoot a model against a plain background (and in this case, very plain background), she or he becomes even more important, to include pose, hair, makeup, attractiveness, and so on.

Anyway - welcome again.

Gb
    Photography Software and Post Processing Forum Moderator. Visit here!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Feel free to edit and repost my photos as part of your critique.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Site

project forum co-moderator Frog's Avatar

Welcome. I actually rather like the pose because of the tension it represents.
    I'm usually not much on high key,(if that's what this is), but think the white bg works to make the tension of the pose stand out.
    I did notice the right knee and that splotch of lighter skin that jetrim mentions.
    Keep Shooting!

CHECK OUT THE PHOTO PROJECT FORUM
    http://forums.photographyreview.com/...splay.php?f=34

Please refrain from editing my photos without asking.

i think a slight head profile turn might add here.
    Please ask to edit photos and I'll do the same! :thumbsup:
    Thx, Rod
    http://krimingerphotography.printroom.com

A couple of months ago, I had my first nude photoshoot, and I did indeed take an extremely similar photo... for me though it was the left leg... I didn't ask for the post, she did it on her... If the model here is a dancer (like mine was) this should not at all be comfortable...

to nitpick:

1- the photo "feels" tilted... might be a perspective illusion, but it feels off towards the right...

2- The barely visible shadows, or alternatively, the overwhelming white!

3- Had she been looking to the right, I think the pose would have registered better...

Anyway, hope this helps! and Welcome to the forum!
    Marc

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing left to add, but rather, when there is nothing left to take away." - Antoine de St-Exupery

Kindly do NOT edit my photos - I would rather try and apply your advice and learn...

My Ramblings....

Thread Information