Not A Bird

Printable View

• 02-10-2004, 07:54 AM
    paulnj
    2 Attachment(s)
    Not A Bird
    i treed this cute little guy so i could take a few images at eye level or there abouts

100-400 at 200mm? and cropped to vertical on the first, then 400mm fullframe on the second. i could have spent all day with it, but it was not happy to be bothered by me.so i left quickly so he/she could go about the day in peace :)
  • 02-10-2004, 08:51 AM
    schrackman
    This is a great shot, Paul. Nice and sharp, and good exposure. Not sure there is anything to critique. What a cute little guy!

Ray
    Reseda, CA
  • 02-10-2004, 10:54 AM
    natatbeach
    Look at the sweet wet little nose
    I wish I could just kiss it!

that is if I'm no to fond of my face when he chomps on it... lol

what a great shot--I like the first the best...the colors the comp.

yeah for you to post stuff thats not bird realted....I wanna see more street photography I think you can be (homeless guy post) and you would be great at it!

yeah for you good job
  • 02-10-2004, 09:01 PM
    TheFru
    Woah!
    Quote:

Originally Posted by natatbeach
    I wish I could just kiss it!

that is if I'm no to fond of my face when he chomps on it... lol

what a great shot--I like the first the best...the colors the comp.

yeah for you to post stuff thats not bird realted....I wanna see more street photography I think you can be (homeless guy post) and you would be great at it!

yeah for you good job

No kissy these guys! LOL.

Great great! 'Course I can't remember ever having any critiques on your pix...I just can't capture these things, and am in awe of them. Got any Cardinals?
  • 02-10-2004, 09:39 PM
    Lava Lamp
    Quote:

Originally Posted by paulnj
    i treed this cute little guy so i could take a few images at eye level or there abouts

100-400 at 200mm? and cropped to vertical on the first, then 400mm fullframe on the second. i could have spent all day with it, but it was not happy to be bothered by me.so i left quickly so he/she could go about the day in peace :)

Very nice. I used to get "Ranger Rick" magazine as a kid and this gives me flashbacks. I really like the clarity of the eyes.
  • 02-10-2004, 11:18 PM
    Sebastian
    Told ya it was good... :D
  • 02-11-2004, 09:26 AM
    paulnj
    Thanks All
    Quote:

Originally Posted by prbowhay
    Dear Paul:

This is amazing! This needs to be a poster, or a magazine cover -- BOTH are excellent.

You are a wonderful photographer, you can shoot ANY subject and do it well. I bet you can do fashion photography like Steve and Charles, and portraiture photography like Sebastian -- you are very skilled Paul. And, I am very impressed!

Thank you for sharing these good shots with all of us.

Best to You,
    Penny

been there / done that too :o

nature is what i love, so nature is what i shoot.

i want a critique though...... i get the point that people like it, but i want to know what could improve it :cool:
  • 02-11-2004, 09:40 AM
    Sebastian
    Quote:

Originally Posted by paulnj
    i want a critique though...... i get the point that people like it, but i want to know what could improve it :cool:

Fine...

The first one is the better of the two, vertical framing works much better with that pose and BG. I wish I could see his whole body, that the lower section wasn't cut off. Contrast and exposure seem dead-on. Love the one eye showing, one in the shadow, adds to the feeling that he's trying to hide.