Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Updated Picture of tree from Garden of the Gods Co. Springs

Here is an updated picture of the tree from the Garden of the Gods. It was exposed for the higlights, it was meant to be a merge with another pic exposed for the shadows. Please comment!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Updated Picture of tree from Garden of the Gods Co. Springs-img_1671_800_bw.jpg  

Re: Updated Picture of tree from Garden of the Gods Co. Springs

I really like the feel and the texture in this photo... my only complaint would be there is a lot of grey and little contrast. Contrast, in my mind, is so important when working in black and white. Maybe try a filter next time and take the picture when the sun is at a different spot in the sky.
    If we are gonna be
    that city on a hill, we have
    to be a diverse city. - tobyMac.

Re: Updated Picture of tree from Garden of the Gods Co. Springs

My garden is great on special occasions. The main factor is great soil which is always the key factor. There is never enough compost for most soil types. Following that consider rainwater, sunlight, and temperature. Then there are the correct seeds / transplants, pollination, insect predation, air quality, weed suppression, and tender loving care. Get the picture of why it’s only a great garden at certain times ... all these must come together at the right time. The site https://grass-killer.com/reviews/bes...bermuda-grass/ helps me with this for which I am grateful to him

Thread Information