Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Talking Please critique picture of my niece.

Please critique this picture of my niece. I hope you like.

Betty
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Please critique picture of my niece.-maginwindcrop.jpg  
    "When you aim for perfection you discover it is a moving target".

- George Fisher -

Hey Betty,
    I really like the scene you saw and were going for. The great things about this image are the wooden window frame, old and weathered, and the darkness in the house behind your niece. And also the old beaten siding on the outside. You caught her at a nice moment as well, at play on this old sill.
    What I think is wrong about this scene is the framing and composition. I just feel like I need to see the whole window frame, and think this might have worked better vertically,stepping back a bit or zooming out a little to get the whole frame in there. Not sure what equipment you are using, but it could be a bit sharper as well, but not a big issue here.
    Anyway, those are just my thoughts, but I still like this scene as it is. Many good elements here
    please do not edit and repost my photos

gary

I used my Concord Eye-Q Duo 2000 digital. This one was actually what I call a "happy accident". For once, my niece's photo radar was off, and I just shot the picture without thinking after coming around the corner of the building, I didn't know she was playing like that until I did walk around the corner. I see what you mean about the whole window frame...makes sense to me. I might have to take her back for another picture. Thank you!

- George Fisher -

I think you could have improved it by including just the crosspiece in the middle of the window so the empty black section doesn't run off the edge of the frame. I'm not sure you need the whole window.

From the photos you've been posting, I think you have a good eye for subjects. Keep posting.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Chunk
    I think you could have improved it by including just the crosspiece in the middle of the window so the empty black section doesn't run off the edge of the frame. I'm not sure you need the whole window.

From the photos you've been posting, I think you have a good eye for subjects. Keep posting.

Thank you for the kind words. I don't think the crosspiece is in the window if I remember correctly. It is a tall window and only the frame remains. (I hoping I am thinking of the same thing as you when you say crosspiece???) I do understand what you mean about running off the edge of the frame however. I will keep trying, am having way too much fun!

Betty

- George Fisher -

Thread Information