Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Thread: "EL"

"EL"

-Seb

My website

(Please don't edit and repost my images without my permission. Thank you)

How to tell the most experienced shooter in a group? They have the least amount of toys on them.

First off I really like shots of structures---especially at night and especially with elemenets like cars it gives it that city life feel... I really like this shot comp-wise..it looks a smidge washed out (but my monitor had been on the blitz it may just be that)...the only thing that detracts in any shape way or form (for me at least) is that the vertical lines are off by a hair
    making it feel a little tilted(and there's a little hole or dot that's cut off by your border)( I know I'm neurotic)...it has a nice glow nd nice feel to it...
    "I was not trying to be shocking, or to be a pioneer.
    I wasn't trying to change society, or to be ahead of my time.
    I didn't think of myself as liberated, and I don't believe that I did anything important.
    I was just myself. I didn't know any other way to be, or any other way to live."
    Bettie Page

My Temp site...

Thanks Nat...

I agree about being washed out, I will have to do something about that.

The lean is tricky, I knew it would garner that sort fo response, but I just like it, it adds to the busy feeling for me for some reason. I just think it fits...

As for the dot, the print doesn't cut it off. This frame crops a few pixels on each side, and I'm too lazy to fix it.

Thanks for taking the time, I always appreciate it. I think I'm gonna toss this one in my portfolio. I did not care for it much at first but it has grown on me since, there's just something right about the way it feels...I can't quite put my finger on it. To me, it just IS Chicago, you know?

Eh, enuff rambling, time to get back to work...
    -Seb

My website

(Please don't edit and repost my images without my permission. Thank you)

How to tell the most experienced shooter in a group? They have the least amount of toys on them.

Moderator of Critiques/Hearder of Cats mtbbrian's Avatar

What Nat said...

I like it Seb.
    What Natalie said is about all that needs to be said.
    Although, I am not so sure about post though. I like the feeling it gives too.
    I like the colors too.
    Brian
    My "Personal" Photography Website...
    高手
    My Moderator Bio Page...
    Nikon Samurai #2 - Emeritus
    See more of my photography here...

“A great photograph is one that fully expresses what one feels, in the deepest sense, about what is being photographed, and is, thereby, a true manifestation of what one feels about life in its entirety...” - Ansel Adams

"Photography Is An Act Of Life" - Maine 2006

Thread Information