1 Attachment(s)
    New Mexico clouds
    This cloud looks like a ..?

Taken with the Nikon D200.

gb
  • 04-11-2007, 09:04 PM
    gahspidy
    Re: New Mexico clouds
    Good stuff. I think the cloud is a strong subject especially with the sun behind it and the rays beaming all around it. Just the right amount of hill/mountains tops at the bottom. I would only wish to see a more deeply saturated sky with a bit more contrast, but keep all the detail in the cloud.
    nice work
  • 04-11-2007, 09:09 PM
    Copy_Kot
    It's a beautiful image and I think Gary nailed it with his critique.
  • 04-12-2007, 01:52 AM
    readingr
    A cloud :D

No, it looks to me like a hammer head shark with one of those fishes which stick to the sharks underside.

No critique 'cos Gary stole the show with his.

Roger
  • 04-12-2007, 02:04 AM
    pympster
    Yep echo what they said!! Great shot!
  • 04-12-2007, 11:38 AM
    GB1
    Thx for critiquing my shot, fellows. I think I might be able to get better saturation and contrast with a little elbow grease -- will try that tonight.

Roger, I must agree, it looks like a shark, in general anyways (I think you're a sailor, are you not?). Funny cause when you look close, it loses that - only when you take a glance does the shape ressemble a shark!
  • 04-12-2007, 02:40 PM
    Frog
    I don't see a shark but I see a seal and a duck in the lower right cloud.
    I got curious and took it to pse 5.0 and clicked filters/adjustments/equalize.
    Hope you don't mind but I liked the results. That equalize filter either does wonders or completely destroys a pic.
    Let me know if you try it and like the results...darker blue sky and more detail in cloud.
  • 04-12-2007, 03:03 PM
    GB1
    Frog - can you post the results?
  • 04-12-2007, 03:23 PM
    Frog
    1 Attachment(s)
    I'm not exactly an expert but this is what that filter gives.
  • 04-12-2007, 03:25 PM
    Frog
    I guess it does wash out the left side a bit more though.
  • 04-12-2007, 04:08 PM
    GB1
    Not bad. Except for the washout, the extra contrast does seem to wake it up. The original is borderline hazy.

I still can't see the seal or duck, but now I'm seeing a right-direction flying dinosaur with wide wings, with a head with a large jaw mostly open. It even has an eye.
  • 04-12-2007, 07:13 PM
    GB1
    1 Attachment(s)
    Here's a slight edit. Has a little less wash-out than the PS one (used Corel on this edit).
  • 04-12-2007, 09:40 PM
    gahspidy
    Much improved. Increasing the saturation on this one may also add to it, but it's looking good to me as it is now.
  • 04-13-2007, 12:50 PM
    Hickeroar
    It looks like battlestar galactica. ;)
  • 04-13-2007, 04:08 PM
    GB1
    Really? I haven't watched the new BG. Maybe I should.

Gary, I tried uping the sat but it pixelated on me big time. Maybe you can try and see if it works? If so, pls post the results for us to see.

GB