Neon Goth

Printable View

• 12-13-2004, 04:25 PM
    ArmySSG
    1 Attachment(s)
    Neon Goth
    I took this shot of two Goth models at a tunnel entrance in Dallas Tx, known as Deep Ellum. It's an "artist area", where the sides of the streets for the tunnel are painted over seemingly weekly.

The "neon" effect came via photoshop. I liked it, and would like some others thoughts on the image.
  • 12-13-2004, 07:51 PM
    walterick
    Re: Neon Goth
    Well...

Army, in all honesty my first response was "I would like to see this normal." The girls look attractive, the picture looks nicely exectuted, I just don't like your color effect :( Sorry!

Rick
  • 12-14-2004, 07:56 AM
    ArmySSG
    Quote:

Originally Posted by walterick
    Well...

Army, in all honesty my first response was "I would like to see this normal." The girls look attractive, the picture looks nicely exectuted, I just don't like your color effect :( Sorry!

Rick

That's why I wanted to join this site and post. Get critiques about how others see it. Absolutely no reason to be sorry! I'll see about finding the original again, and putting it up here.
  • 12-14-2004, 08:33 AM
    readingr
    Quote:

Originally Posted by ArmySSG
    I took this shot of two Goth models at a tunnel entrance in Dallas Tx, known as Deep Ellum. It's an "artist area", where the sides of the streets for the tunnel are painted over seemingly weekly.

The "neon" effect came via photoshop. I liked it, and would like some others thoughts on the image.

Army,

I agree with Rick, but the bit I find really distracting, annoying is the open page type item in the top left. I assume its a door way or something but the neon effect has lost the context.

Have you tried cropping it to just the models?
  • 12-14-2004, 09:36 AM
    metoliusdmm
    I like it, but the neon seems distracting to me, can we see the original? otherwise it looks cool.

Devin
  • 12-14-2004, 06:38 PM
    kimberlyjing
    Hey! I'm near Dallas too! But I have no idea where you took this photo since I don't really explore that area...or much of Dallas for that matter.

Anyway, I agree with what everyone has posted before, that the original would be much nicer. But, I do think that you should not crop the photo because I really like the end of the tunnel in the leftmost side of the pic.

Hope to see more!
  • 12-15-2004, 12:48 AM
    gahspidy
    I think its agreed, the Neon effect not doing this image any justice, although I can see this with a effect somewhat similiar, but not as it is now. Seems lost in its limited greens and blues. It looks like a great composition and a cool image. Lets see a different version, if not the original.
  • 12-15-2004, 12:51 PM
    ArmySSG
    1 Attachment(s)
    First, thanks for the comments and I understand about the Neon being distracting.

It took me a little bit to be able to get the original. My home PC went belly up, and I had to work on resetting the motherboard after being told it was a hard drive problem among otherthings! Now that I had access to it, here is the original photo for you to critique.

Thanks for your patience!