Printable View

• 09-22-2004, 03:55 PM
    miro
    1 Attachment(s)
    Native american girl
    Any comment is welcome...
  • 09-22-2004, 04:53 PM
    Elysian
    Your first post (welcome!) and what a great shot to start with, because I really like it and even more suprising, I don't have any suggestions this time; well done Miro!
  • 09-22-2004, 05:03 PM
    shesells
    Oh miro...
    that's just a beautiful shot! With the sun behind her and in her hair and those other native americans out of focus in the background and the little white spots sparking everywhere and just how beautiful she is and how great your composition is and superb use of black and white. whew.. run on sentence, but it really pumps me up! Good work! and also Welcome!
    Kit
  • 09-22-2004, 05:07 PM
    grentz
    this is a great picture, even with me usually thinking of native american pictures in color (becuase of the many vibrant colors) this looks great.
  • 09-22-2004, 05:44 PM
    another view
    Good job - with the backlighting you have good separation between her head and the background. If the sun was in front of her then her hair would blend into the background too much.
  • 09-22-2004, 05:51 PM
    Tuna
    Welcome! Great first post - hopefully more to come!

Beautiful candid. Well executed and presented.

A slight color cast in the photo - intended?

Tuna
  • 09-22-2004, 05:54 PM
    Steph_B
    Quote:

Originally Posted by miro

This is a very good photograph indeed. I particularly like the girl's attitude.

Have you tried to crop very slightly the left of the photograph? It might give her a bit more dynamism since she is walking... But then I am not sure.

This is great! Thanks for sharing... and welcome!
  • 09-22-2004, 06:08 PM
    Clicker
    Welcome to PR.com!!! I agree, great Post, great DOF, great Composition, and it just makes you go " ahhhh, she's so cute"

I agree with Tuna, though, I do see a hint of a color cast, but It's only noticeable to me in the foreground (?) i dunno...

anyway, Congratulations on a excellent photo
  • 09-22-2004, 06:19 PM
    F-15_Flyer
    wow, thats all i have to say, wow. :eek:
  • 09-22-2004, 06:43 PM
    Todd Patten
    Very good start! The lighting is excellent. The B&W is perfect for this image. The compostition is strong. It's hard to find any fault. My ONLY gripe, and it's minor, is that it appears that there are white folding chairs on the right hand side of the background. If there were any way to get rid of them, I'd try. Maybe a photshop burn? However, given that they are out of focus, it's not a big deal :)

Welcome to the board. Keep them coming!
  • 09-22-2004, 08:54 PM
    Sebastian
    Strong seperation between subject and background, deep enough DOF to keep background recognizable, works really well. I see this as a environmental portrait, it is still about the girl, but she's in an instantly recognizable context. Very well done.
  • 09-22-2004, 09:03 PM
    almo
    Quote:

Originally Posted by miro

Beautiful subject. Beautifully rendered. Nice shot.

almo
  • 09-23-2004, 07:09 AM
    miro
    Hi,thank you for all comments.Color cast is from me ;-)
  • 09-23-2004, 01:34 PM
    villenadecorte
    Welcome!
    What an amazing shot! I think the colorcast looks wonderful on this.
    Did you enhance the DOF with a slight blur post processing at all?
    Fabulous job.

VillenaDeCorte
  • 09-23-2004, 02:39 PM
    mtbbrian
    Very Nice.....
    Welcome!

This is an excellent portrait!
    Great expression, Great Depth of Field, Great composition.
    Is it a scan from a print or negative or is it digital?
    The only suggestions I'd make were to burn in the background a bit, there are a few distracting hot spots.

Brian
  • 09-23-2004, 04:27 PM
    miro
    It was original scan from negative Kodak B&W 400 /C-41/
  • 09-23-2004, 06:42 PM
    bobbythebandit
    Cool. Love it.
  • 09-27-2004, 11:42 AM
    GB1
    Very nice.. Expression on her face is relaxed and curious. The composition of the photo is excellant, and the tonal range of the shot is perfect.

gb
  • 09-27-2004, 12:05 PM
    natatbeach
    what a little woman
    I love everything about this shot...I'd bump the contrast just a smidge(personal tastes) but it stands alone from the rest of the photos I've seen in a while---check out ToddPatten's shot just recently posted

with great anticipation...I will look forward to more of your posts...
  • 09-30-2004, 08:01 PM
    ShutterGirl
    Re: Native american girl
    I really like this!
  • 10-01-2004, 06:52 PM
    Kunoth
    I like the images. The only thing I would say is that the subject is directly in the center of the image. To make it really interesting in my opinion, take it out of the center. That should be a general rule to everyone. Otherwise good lighting, contrast, tones, etc. Well done.
  • 10-02-2004, 02:06 AM
    PRBot.Com
    Wow! That is one of the finest shots I have seen in ages!

Great job!

Max
  • 10-02-2004, 07:47 AM
    PuckJunkey
    Very much like the composition, captured mood of the girl, and the bokeh from the background lighting. Not real fond of the magenta halo effect though. Sort of distracts my attention at times, whereas a pure B&W wouldn't.
  • 10-07-2004, 06:14 PM
    chrisrobbins
    This is a beautiful shot! One of the best I have seen here so far!