Nail In Shed

Printable View

• 01-16-2005, 09:18 AM
    Overbeyond
    1 Attachment(s)
    Nail In Shed
    Sadly I don't have a garden worth talking about at the back of my house but I do have a garden shed. I also have a rust old nail that I hammered into the shed 16 years ago to hang a plant from.
    Never got around to the plant but today I got around to taking a photograph of my nail.
    Converted from a colour original.
    Do you think it deserved to be photographed?
    Many Thanks
    Tom
  • 01-16-2005, 10:39 AM
    jcharris
    Re: Nail In Shed
    Hi Tom
    I certainly do think it deserved to be photographed !
    I like this conversion . Your composition is good and what also is working for me is the dof .
    Just maybe a little too dark , but that is properly how you wanted it .

Regards
    james
  • 01-16-2005, 12:49 PM
    readingr
    I like the graduation down to the bottom of the picture so I might have considered cropping the light board at the top off. But then I might not because it gives meaning to the shaded area.

I love the composition.

Nice photo
  • 01-16-2005, 12:57 PM
    FadderUri
    Yes, it was definitely worth taking the shot. The fine filaments of the spider webs and the small string really give the shot some character... I would crop the light board at the top, though... it seems out of place with the gradated (?) darker to lighter theme going on from upper to lower.
  • 01-19-2005, 12:38 PM
    Overbeyond
    Thanks to all of you for the comments on this one. Yes the board at the top. I take on board what you say here. My thoughts on it were that I did not want the image to finish in total blackness. I have looked at it without the top board and i think it also looks good.
    Thanks again
    Tom
  • 01-19-2005, 06:47 PM
    Young Shooter
    This is a very cool picture, shows what type of person you are ahhaha, not bad, shows creativity, it shows that there are NO limits to what you can photograph very very cool