Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Mississippi Moonscape

shot with Fuji black and white 400, polarizer with orange filter in early afternoon.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    I suggest that anyone curious about slide film try Provia 100 or 100F. Scans so well!

GB1

Re: Mississippi Moonscape

Decent, though a little soft in focus (due to scanning?). I think its a good effect but I think it would have been even better with a super wide angle lens. Maybe a tripod also (remember that those filters can really slow down your shutter. A polarizer itself can eat up to 2 f-stops).

This photo looks a bit haunted. I miss those shots where the trees are all like that...

well, it's due to scanning and compression. THe original scan is 5000 by 3000 pix, so I had to do a bit of work to get it small enough that they'd allow me to post.
    I suggest that anyone curious about slide film try Provia 100 or 100F. Scans so well!

I like this and although it looks as if a wider angle lens could have captured more, I think this works well. Actually, I feel like the front tree in the shot is spreading open the frame with it's branches and ready to step out of the scene. I'm sure a sharp print would look great.
    please do not edit and repost my photos

gary

I used my 28mm for this shot. I really don't have use for anything wider, nor could I afford it right now. But I'll keep it in mind.

Thread Information