Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Thread: My Next Car ...

GB1

My Next Car ...

I recently visited the old gold mining (ghost) town of Bodie and spent about 1/4 of my time there photographing this old car. I was surprised how nice it looked even as a junker.

Comments?

Not sure how I managed to throw in that tilt... it wasn't intentional, but I'm sort of liking it now. Nikon F-100, Tamron 24-135mm zoom, Fuji Velvia.

GB
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails My Next Car ...-oldbodiecar23_640.jpg   My Next Car ...-oldbodiecar30_640.jpg  
    Photography Software and Post Processing Forum Moderator. Visit here!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Feel free to edit and repost my photos as part of your critique.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Site

Nature/Wildlife Forum Co-Moderator Loupey's Avatar

Re: My Next Car ...

Nice subject, GB. You're right - I would have spend some time with it too.

When I scrolled down to see your first image, I thought it too wide. Then I saw your cropped version. But since I consider the "face" of a vehicle to be its headlights, grill, and bumper, the crop doesn't feel natural to me.

Since I don't normally shoot cars, I took the opportunity to try my hand at it. Hope you don't mind
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Please do not edit or repost my images.

See my website HERE.

What's a Loupe for anyway?

bodie, is that the one right near zion?
    check out my photography website
    http://dylanschneider.zenfolio.com/

Please feel free to edit or change any of my pictures to show me how to improve them.

Nikon D200
    Nikon D7000 w/grip
    Nikkor AF-S 18-135
    Nikkor AF-S 60mm macro 2.8
    Nikon 70-200 2.8 vr
    Nikon tc-17eII
    Kenoko extension tube set
    SB-600

GB1

Loupey - The crop may be better. I like the wide shot but there is also a few distractions there. I'll play around some more. I think I might need to brighten it a little too?

Dylan, Bodie is not really that close to Zion, which is the big green park area in Utah, closer to Las Vegas, Nev. Bodie's near the Mammoth ski area in the eastern Sierras in Cali, just north of Mono lake, semi-desert.
    Photography Software and Post Processing Forum Moderator. Visit here!

Feel free to edit and repost my photos as part of your critique.

My Site

Panarus biarmicus Moderator (Sports) SmartWombat's Avatar

Take a small step ladder next time.
    Shooting from just a little higher up will remove the distracting background and allow you to keep the view thorugh the rear window.
    Or get the roof and rear window in from over the top of the roof, looking down.
    Maybe a slave insode the car with a very low power fill light in there.
    Or go for a misty evening shot with light pouring out of all the holes with high power flash, hmm the possibilities are endless.
    PAul

Scroll down to the Sports Forum and post your sports pictures !

Thread Information