Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.
    The photographer cowgirl in skate shoes euphoria's Avatar

Cars -- critique appreciated

Feel free to edit these pictures...
    I just like to take pictures of cars, i dont know why, lol, but I was wondering how i could improve.

All that is gold does not glitter,
    Not all those who wander are lost;
    The old that is strong does not wither,
    Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
    From the ashes a fire shall be woken,
    A light from the shadows shall spring;
    Renewed shall be blade that was broken,
    The crownless again shall be king.

Re: Cars -- critique appreciated

I'm not crazy about the angle of the first one (just me).

The picture of the dash through the window would have looked much nicer if there wasn't the reflection of the houses in it.

The last two are my favorites of the bunch, nice job! :thumbsup:

The first two seem to have spots or dirt on the image. The reflection shot has too many reflections which creates confusion. The police car would be better as a panned shot with a blurred background but the police car sharp. The last two are the best but a slightly more diagonal to the car angle would have improved depth of field.

Have you tried experimenting with flash or a cross screen filter to add further shine and sparkle to the cars?

Ronnoco

photo gallery Mod. starriderrick's Avatar

Cool Re: Cars -- critique appreciated

The picture of the dash through the window would have looked much nicer if you used a circular polarizing filter, the steering wheel photo will be sweet.This has alot of potential.
    Re-work that angle again with a new C.P-L filter,then Post it here. :thumbsup:

GB1

I like # 1, 4, and 6. Esp 6, as it seems to emphasize the type of vehicle it is (though the lighting is a little dark there).

For improvement ideas, try to consider the background also. #6 is nice, but the background is just pedestrian. Not sure what you could have done about that... Doubt you could have moved the car, but you never know. As noted above, try to ensure that the area you want to emphasize is clearly lit -- use a reflector or a fill flash if need be. # 2 has potential but the car is not clean or polished. Just some ideas.
    GB
    Photography Software and Post Processing Forum Moderator. Visit here!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Feel free to edit and repost my photos as part of your critique.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Site

Euphoria,

I like shots 3 and 6 starting from the top. I like the reflections/glare in the window, I don't find it distracting but in this instance an enhancer. I think it shows creativity and daring to use what otherwise is a photography no-no. Image six is nice, I like the lines, the striking edges but feel the background really reduces the overall quality. I have shot many a car at Car Shows or a Rally. Cars are such a popular subject that it takes a special shot to be worthy of serious notice. Not sure what the circumstances were with your environment but if you can move the vehicle to a better background and reshoot this angle that would be great.

CF
    Coastal Flyer

:yikes:

Thread Information