Muse and Audience

Printable View

• 12-22-2004, 11:38 AM
    Overbeyond
    1 Attachment(s)
    Muse and Audience
    Taken at a recent Muse concert in Brighton England. I think it captures the occasion reasonably well.
    Hope you agree.
  • 12-22-2004, 12:28 PM
    Hindey
    Re: Muse and Audience
    Awesome, awesome band. I'm extremely jealous!

I have to confess, the photo doesn't capture a Muse gig for me. I've been to several and this photo does nothing to capture the sheer energy these guys unleash. The band are too far away, there's no movement; the crowd are just clapping they should be bouncing!

Nice try, get near the front next time! :)

Chris
  • 12-22-2004, 12:48 PM
    Overbeyond
    1 Attachment(s)
    No photograph will capture the multimedia onslaught that this band hits you with and I know mine don't. But it was my intention to include as much of the audience as possible. I shot these hand held without the use of flash and I would not manage that up in the mosh pit. Ever tried it. I have and it is hard enough to keep myself perpendicular no less try to keep a steady camera.
    Here's another one from that night.
  • 12-22-2004, 12:52 PM
    Hindey
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Overbeyond
    No photograph will capture the multimedia onslaught that this band hits you with and I know mine don't. But it was my intention to include as much of the audience as possible. I shot these hand held without the use of flash and I would not manage that up in the mosh pit. Ever tried it. I have and it is hard enough to keep myself perpendicular no less try to keep a steady camera.
    Here's another one from that night.

No, that's true. I did try holding a camera at a gig once, but it wasn't mine and didn't get many decent photos. The band on the occassion was Ash, by the way!

Personally I prefer the second image. It's instantly and obviously Muse! Roll on the new album...

Cheers,
    Chris