Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Thread: to much..

to much..

I've Had -
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails to much..-tomuch.jpg  

GB1

Re: to much..

Well, if it is too much, it's not your fault but the artist's!

Looks a like Andy Warhol. But there are so many bright, vibrant colors here that your eyes don't know where to look (rest at). This is complicated by the fact that many of the color combinations are complimentary colors, or nearly complimentary. So you've got a wild scene here. Oh well, that's what it is!

Now, back to the photo. I like it but think that you should crop this baby so that you have a more interesting aspect ratio, AND so to show less than what you have here. It's too much and you don't need it all, imo. Attached is a sample crop.

This artist really shows us the power of color...................
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails to much..-copycrop1.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by GB1
    Well, if it is too much, it's not your fault but the artist's!

Looks a like Andy Warhol. But there are so many bright, vibrant colors here that your eyes don't know where to look (rest at). This is complicated by the fact that many of the color combinations are complimentary colors, or nearly complimentary. So you've got a wild scene here. Oh well, that's what it is!

Now, back to the photo. I like it but think that you should crop this baby so that you have a more interesting aspect ratio, AND so to show less than what you have here. It's too much and you don't need it all, imo. Attached is a sample crop.

This artist really shows us the power of color...................
    Are you referring to the artist as someone else?, I was the author of this piece.

I appreciate your feedback!, I agree it could be a little to much. There was an idea behind the project about MANY different peoples thinking, so unfortunately I need alot of people. Maybe the colours could be a little more subtle, but in a way it being to much is provoking.

GB1

Yeah, I figured that it might have been you who was the artist, but it may not of either (some photogs here take photos of art in some creative way).

The intensity of the colors is a bit of an issue... There is also some very complimentary colors that "hit you" pretty hard That's not a bad thing. The art work is very good if this is what you are trying to do. It's all about the power of color anyways, right?? The actual subject (head, brain...) is almost lost in the powerful delivery.

Just a critique. Realize that I do like the work, just think the whole thing could be 'toned down' a notch.

GB

Thread Information