Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Thread: fire escape

fire escape

Something I spotted while trying to avoid the imminent thunderstorm this afternoon. Not sure if I should fix the perspective distortion or leave it as is...comments/opinions?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails fire escape-dscf0049_b_w.jpg  

GB1

Re: fire escape

JetRim - I like your shot but agree that it may need some sort of adjustment.. just not sure what. I think the perspective distortion is a positive actually, so perhaps an intentional tilt? Trimming off the wall area on the right would do no harm, either. It needs a person at the top looking down at you, but that would probably make me uneasy as they might fall The black and white works really well IMHO. The dark sky is great.
    Photography Software and Post Processing Forum Moderator. Visit here!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Feel free to edit and repost my photos as part of your critique.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Site

I think this could have been a cool shot, but I don't feel like it "works". I think one problem is that there isn't really anything for the viewer's eye to rest on. It also feels confusing, because there isn't much contrast between the different lines and so many of them are overlapping. Maybe a different perspective would have helped here.

*edited slightly for clarity*
    "The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera." - Dorothea Lang

flickr

Thanks for the feedback, I'll see if I can't explore some other angles next time I'm down that way.

Thread Information