Moody flowers no.1

Printable View

• 06-04-2006, 10:16 PM
    Seb
    Moody flowers no.1
    I was bored this afternoon so I started to shoot some flowers. I think that something happened as I started to post-process the shots. I intend to produce a new series on the topic.

Seb
  • 06-05-2006, 08:05 AM
    swmdrayfan
    Re: Moody flowers no.1
    Seb, maybe it's just me, but the border seems a little thick.
    John
  • 06-05-2006, 08:27 AM
    PlantedTao
    This is a great shot of some flowers...I like moody for a subject like this. It takes it into a different direction than most photos of this subject. It reminds me of the post processing and overall mood of gary's photos. I like how the colors are muted...a very subtle color photo. This is one of the reasons I like it so much, reminds me of B&W :) ... and not some garish red rose.

I think this is a success photo and would work very well in a series.
    cheers.
  • 06-05-2006, 10:52 PM
    Seb
    Thanks for commenting

John: You are probably right, a thiner border would do well.

Tao: Actually, this is 93% b&w... lol (oops, I just revealed a part of the secret sauce...).

Seb
  • 06-06-2006, 02:50 PM
    PlantedTao
    ha!
    I was looking at the photo after I posted and wondering if I should withdraw that statement...I'm glad I didnt. Knowing some of the ingredients in the secret sauce allows us to recreate our own version :)
    To bad I only work in the darkroom :)

Cheers.
  • 06-06-2006, 04:00 PM
    Anbesol
    I really like where you were headed with this. The setup of the flower on the left kind of hinders this for me, partly because of the DOF, and also because its cut off. I really like everything else though, and I think it would definitely be worth a re-shoot.
  • 06-06-2006, 04:20 PM
    Alison
    I love this image.
    The lighting is wonderfully even without being flat.
    And the exposure is perfect.
    Even though the flowers are almost the same colour as the bg, it hasn't camouflaged the flowers at all.
    Beautiful, beautiful image. The kind of image I would love to hang on my wall.
  • 06-06-2006, 04:37 PM
    Tuna
    Wow. Great job here, Seb.

The overall softess of the primary technicals are complimented well by the near monotone effect.

The crops at the edges adds a nice touch of tension throughout - good choice there. The DOF is sharp exactly where it needs to be.

Well done. Don't change a thing.

Tuna
  • 06-07-2006, 06:46 AM
    Glycerin19
    I really like both shots you've done so far. I keep going back and looking at them but I love this one the most. I can't wait to see more.
  • 06-07-2006, 08:30 AM
    Seb
    Thank you all for commenting!

Seb