Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Thread: Tire track

Tire track

taken a few weeks back and I'm really happy with this shot but was wondering what other thought?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Tire track-062.jpg  

Ctn

Re: Tire track

Hey Slower,

I like the way you captured the texture and diffirent tones of the sand & track. So techically it is very nice.
    The only problem i have with this photo and shallow depth of field shots of tracks generally, is that (maybe because it is a track) i automatically follow it and end up nowhere particularly interesting. I would like to see something (and it doesnt have to be in focus) in context with the tracks further down the "road".
    Maybe bring a shattered old car with you as a prop next time .

Quote Originally Posted by Ctn View Post
    Hey Slower,

I like the way you captured the texture and diffirent tones of the sand & track. So techically it is very nice.
    The only problem i have with this photo and shallow depth of field shots of tracks generally, is that (maybe because it is a track) i automatically follow it and end up nowhere particularly interesting. I would like to see something (and it doesnt have to be in focus) in context with the tracks further down the "road".
    Maybe bring a shattered old car with you as a prop next time .
    i like that idea, thanks!

I agree with CTN, plus it looks a little dark to me. But its a good idea.

Hey Slower.
    Love the shot. I totally see where Ctn is coming from, however being I am a big Adventure Bike rider I look at the distant hills and say " Hey that looks like fun lets go check it out". So as far as the tracks leading somewhere IMO they do. But again we all see different things. The only two things I would have liked to seen different in this image is a slight bit more exposure. Not much just a little bump. Also the DOF is nice but you can see just in the near distance the track turns left and looks to go up a slight rise or ditch. I would have liked to get a better hint of what was going on there. Not full focus but just a little more idea to let me visually go into the distant hills. I do really like the overall proportions of the image with the flat sand making up the bottom 2/3 rds of the image and the hills and sky the upper third. This really helps to give some distance/ perspective to the image.

dat hang nha cac bac

GB1

Slower -

I think it's a good use of technique, but feel that the subject isn't as strong as it needs to be here. If there were something in the middle ground or distance to add to the shot, I think it would tell a better story. Also, the tracks themselves - while nothing wrong with them - are really not special in any way. As I said, decent technique, but not really sure what I'm supposed to be getting. I can see this image being used as part of a digital composition, where you paste it and other scenes together.
    Photography Software and Post Processing Forum Moderator. Visit here!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Feel free to edit and repost my photos as part of your critique.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Site

Hello everyone! I recently tried to find some good all-season tires for my car, but after three weeks, I still couldn't find anything good. But I was lucky because I came across this article https://toptirereviews.com/best-all-season-tires/ in which I found a lot of information on the best all-season tires.

Thread Information